Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Re: Boris climbs down.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd love him to give us a new referendum with two options leave with his deal or leave on WTO terms. That would mean we leave but the remainers can't say they didn't get a vote.
Parliament decides on the question(s) to be asked, not boris. Sorry.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 09:59 AM

Apparently, one trick that Boris could try, is to resign.

If he did that, it seems that as snap election could have to be called.

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

True, Ted.

I don't think he would want to do that considering he just got the job, but if he did, firstly who would replace him and secondly seeing as most of the party was in favour of Boris over Hunt, Stewart, McVey, Javed I don't think there is anyone left.

Mogg won't be PM he said so himself ... unless we get John Redwood which would be so ironic
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Parliament decides on the question(s) to be asked, not boris. Sorry.
Doesn't stop me wanting it though does it. Also when parliament is not sitting it seems not as clear cut as you say.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:06 AM

Interesting if he did when they come back could he still be tory leader/pm or would they have to have another leadership contest ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:14 AM

Would he though?? The General Election is not due until 2022. So couldn't they use the same procedure that put Brown, May and Boris into government by Tories choosing yet another Leader by votes? ensuring that a Remain MP was chosen.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:14 AM

If the UK does not leave EU then our politicians are not needed just civil servants to obey those in Brussels. The Palace of Westminster could become a museum, and the EU allocated a conference centre in the midlands as their UK subsidiary.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
True, Ted.

I don't think he would want to do that considering he just got the job, but if he did, firstly who would replace him and secondly seeing as most of the party was in favour of Boris over Hunt, Stewart, McVey, Javed I don't think there is anyone left.

Mogg won't be PM he said so himself
... unless we get John Redwood which would be so ironic
Some MPs have been known to change their mind, when a opportunity looms...!

But would Boris fall on his sword for the good of his Country?
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:27 AM

BoJo won’t resign, he’s wanted the job for so long and only been in it for 5 minutes. And he’s ruffled so many feathers already that if he stood again he wouldn’t win.

Given that Parliament in general is Remain, and anti No Deal, he surely can’t be too surprised how things have panned out.
So does he have a master plan? An election looks imminent, and I’ve always thought it would happen sooner or later, given the numbers in Parliament.

So what is the master plan?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

05-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Would he though?? The General Election is not due until 2022. So couldn't they use the same procedure that put Brown, May and Boris into government by Tories choosing yet another Leader by votes? ensuring that a Remain MP was chosen.
Would the lack of a majority make it necessary to put it back to the country?

I suspect that the only was the Brexit is going to happen is by getting back a majority - with some MPs coming from the places where the sacked MPs used to reside.

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top