Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,704
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:04 PM
21

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That is cutting off your nose to spite your face for us. We need them as much as they need us.
No, we don't need them. There is a big world out there with which to trade.

Yes, the EU can benefit us, just as we can benefit them but as a free-trade organisation as the EEC was.

I can never agree to hand over our sovereignty, our legal authorities and even our government to a foreign power.

I accept that you would be happy to do that. That is your right. But I believe the majority of the general public would agree with me.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,027
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:06 PM
22

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm always curious why remainers don't want us to spend our own money on our own projects, it seems a bit like handing your neighbour your pay packet and trusting them to spend it on things that benefit you.

What does this expensive club actually do for me a normal person in UK ?
Let's see, they have flooded my occupation with cheaper workers so my wages are lower and have hardly moved up in years, flooded my husbands occupation with young workers willing to work for less so his wages have not risen in over 10 years now.
Our local primary has had to pay for a translator as the number of none English speakers has risen so high.
Local GP surgery has recently admitted the main reason we can't get appointments is the translation services cost the same as 2 doctors !
Yes we have a couple of buildings (ugly things) supplied by money from EU oh hang on that's money we sent them originally not EU money at all.
They talk a good talk about standing up for the repressed and then I see victims being treated badly as the criminals have more rights than they do ! I also see them accepting terribly racist homophobic countries into the club with no one saying they must change their ways to be part of it.
You see the same things as me Julie! Perhaps we need some
rose tinted spectacles?

Regards Donkeyman!

PS. Or live in the rose tinted bubble?
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,704
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:06 PM
23

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I have posed the same question to Solly a couple of times
allready PD, needless to say nothing was forthcoming
except sarcastic remarks and more eurowaffle!
Eurowaffle! Quelle bon mot!
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,704
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:10 PM
24

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm always curious why remainers don't want us to spend our own money on our own projects, it seems a bit like handing your neighbour your pay packet and trusting them to spend it on things that benefit you.

What does this expensive club actually do for me a normal person in UK ?
Let's see, they have flooded my occupation with cheaper workers so my wages are lower and have hardly moved up in years, flooded my husbands occupation with young workers willing to work for less so his wages have not risen in over 10 years now.
Our local primary has had to pay for a translator as the number of none English speakers has risen so high.
Local GP surgery has recently admitted the main reason we can't get appointments is the translation services cost the same as 2 doctors !
Yes we have a couple of buildings (ugly things) supplied by money from EU oh hang on that's money we sent them originally not EU money at all.
They talk a good talk about standing up for the repressed and then I see victims being treated badly as the criminals have more rights than they do ! I also see them accepting terribly racist homophobic countries into the club with no one saying they must change their ways to be part of it.
Excellent post, Julia.
Reply With Quote
shropshiregirl's Avatar
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
shropshiregirl is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,352
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:10 PM
25

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Very disappointed with Jacob R-M for apologising for ridiculing the remarks of that Doctor who decided to go public and whinge about a no-deal Brexit will result in deaths and a bodybag count!! What a moron.

I have been looking on twitter and some of them are in fact, laughable. It appears that remainers are saying that JRM should have shown more respect BECAUSE he is a Doctor and knows what he is talking about.

Excuse me, if this Doctor takes it upon himself to go public with his stupid statement, then he has entered the political arena and is open to criticism from all quarters. JRM had every right to ridicule his remarks. Anyone who is involved in delivering Brexit with or without a deal, would have done exactly the same. What the doctor came out with was simply as a remain supporter and the usual Project Fear Mark 2 bilge. As for being a Doctor? yes, the title should afford him respect, but only as a Doctor doing a job, nothing else. I might add the arrogant requests from some twitter users for absolute respect from JRM simply because he is a doctor, with the name Shipman?

Mind you, there were ample tweets also ridiculing him.

What say you?
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,027
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:12 PM
26

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Eurowaffle! Quelle bon mot!
You will have to interpret for me JBR l refuse to read french!

Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,704
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:12 PM
27

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Very disappointed with Jacob R-M for apologising for ridiculing the remarks of that Doctor who decided to go public and whinge about a no-deal Brexit will result in deaths and a bodybag count!! What a moron.

I have been looking on twitter and some of them are in fact, laughable. It appears that remainers are saying that JRM should have shown more respect BECAUSE he is a Doctor and knows what he is talking about.

Excuse me, if this Doctor takes it upon himself to go public with his stupid statement, then he has entered the political arena and is open to criticism from all quarters. JRM had every right to ridicule his remarks. Anyone who is involved in delivering Brexit with or without a deal, would have done exactly the same. What the doctor came out with was simply as a remain supporter and the usual Project Fear Mark 2 bilge. As for being a Doctor? yes, the title should afford him respect, but only as a Doctor doing a job, nothing else. I might add the name respect for a doctor with the name Shipman?

What say you?


I have the greatest respect for the several doctors (of different specialisms) who have benefited me recently. They have all been excellent in their own fields...

...but they're not politicians.
Reply With Quote
shropshiregirl's Avatar
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
shropshiregirl is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,352
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:19 PM
28

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You will have to interpret for me JBR l refuse to read french!

Donkeyman!
lol, my French is limited too. Baguette, Souffle, Gateau and Oo la la!
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,027
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:22 PM
29

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Very disappointed with Jacob R-M for apologising for ridiculing the remarks of that Doctor who decided to go public and whinge about a no-deal Brexit will result in deaths and a bodybag count!! What a moron.

I have been looking on twitter and some of them are in fact, laughable. It appears that remainers are saying that JRM should have shown more respect BECAUSE he is a Doctor and knows what he is talking about.

Excuse me, if this Doctor takes it upon himself to go public with his stupid statement, then he has entered the political arena and is open to criticism from all quarters. JRM had every right to ridicule his remarks. Anyone who is involved in delivering Brexit with or without a deal, would have done exactly the same. What the doctor came out with was simply as a remain supporter and the usual Project Fear Mark 2 bilge. As for being a Doctor? yes, the title should afford him respect, but only as a Doctor doing a job, nothing else. I might add the arrogant requests from twitter users for respect from JRM because he is a doctor, with the name Shipman?

What say you?
It seems people with a certain educational background seem
to think that education gives you WISDOM?
But the antics of some of them recently absolutely refute
this! Imo SG
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
shropshiregirl's Avatar
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
shropshiregirl is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,352
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-09-2019, 01:26 PM
30

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Exactly JBR. If the Doctor is going to sit in front of a camera and repeat his accusation about deaths and bodybags to the world, then he is open game for a rebuttal from anyone who is in the know of the proceedings regarding a possible no-deal and the action taken to stop any damage.

So, in future, I respectfully request that said Doctor stick to his profession, stay out of the public eye for the sake of 15 minutes of fame and leave the politics to those that have been elected.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.