Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,553
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 06:13 PM
1

The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Here are the details of the discussions from MPs with Bercow.

Bill Cash, Davis Davis and IDS put forward some very compelling arguments. Dr Robert Craig also puts forward his acknowledgement that queens consent is required for this bill due to the way that international negotiations by the government will be seriously compromised by the Benn bill.

It's better that Twitter!

(well sort of)

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debat....209.6&p=10180
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 895
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 06:40 PM
2

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here are the details of the discussions from MPs with Bercow.

Bill Cash, Davis Davis and IDS put forward some very compelling arguments. Dr Robert Craig also puts forward his acknowledgement that queens consent is required for this bill due to the way that international negotiations by the government will be seriously compromised by the Benn bill.

It's better that Twitter!

(well sort of)

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debat....209.6&p=10180
One basic flaw in Craig’s argument is that it has transpired that the Government are not engaging in any formal negotiations regarding the WA ergo there is nothing to be compromised

You really couldn’t make this sh#t up, the current Government are living in Walter Mitty land
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,553
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 06:45 PM
3

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
One basic flaw in Craig’s argument is that it has transpired that the Government are not engaging in any formal negotiations regarding the WA ergo there is nothing to be compromised

You really couldn’t make this sh#t up, the current Government are living in Walter Mitty land
No it's not. It's got nothing to do with it if anything the illegal benn bill prevents any deal being made that is acceptable to both parties. It also needs queens consent due to the way it prevents her government to negotiate effectively and fairly.

Thanks to the dick heads in parliament the only deal we will be offered is one worse than mays deal.

It takes a complete cretin not to realise this.
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 895
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:12 PM
4

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No it's not. It's got nothing to do with it if anything the illegal benn bill prevents any deal being made that is acceptable to both parties. It also needs queens consent due to the way it prevents her government to negotiate effectively and fairly.

Thanks to the dick heads in parliament the only deal we will be offered is one worse than mays deal.

It takes a complete cretin not to realise this.
It’s got everything to do with it. If Boris was actually negotiating to get a deal as he stated on numerous occasions there would have been no need for the benn bill which is perfectly legal. Unfortunately Boris has, true to form been lying and has not been undertaking any formal negotiations with the EU therefore the decent honest members of the Conservative party held him to account along with the rest of Parliament

There was never going to be a better deal than Mays except if there was a solution to the Irish border issue in which case the backstop would not be required

What’s obvious is that Boris and his cohorts are panicking, why, we’ll one distinct possibility is because they and their backers have shorted the pound and it’s all going t*t’s up
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,553
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:21 PM
5

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It’s got everything to do with it. If Boris was actually negotiating to get a deal as he stated on numerous occasions there would have been no need for the benn bill which is perfectly legal. Unfortunately Boris has, true to form been lying and has not been undertaking any formal negotiations with the EU therefore the decent honest members of the Conservative party held him to account along with the rest of Parliament

There was never going to be a better deal than Mays except if there was a solution to the Irish border issue in which case the backstop would not be required

What’s obvious is that Boris and his cohorts are panicking, why, we’ll one distinct possibility is because they and their backers have shorted the pound and it’s all going t*t’s up
Boris is not panicking

Its remain that's in the last chance saloon that's why they and you are coming up with this nonsense.

Brexit will be explained to you tomorrow.

I suggest this time you listen carefully
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,060
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:45 PM
6

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Plan 'B'

They have found an obscure EU ruling, you can't help wondering if any politicians have read or understood any EU law and are now aware that their stunning ignorance is plain too see.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-plan-19856454
Reply With Quote
shropshiregirl's Avatar
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
shropshiregirl is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,352
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:46 PM
7

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

I'm still laughing at Banchory's description of the likes of Grieves, Hammond, Bercow et al, as ''decent, honest members of the Conservative Party''

How about we put that to a vote? Oh no, forgot, they have colluded with a Marxist opposition in ensuring their traitorous actions are not dependent on votes.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 3,803
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:54 PM
8

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
One basic flaw in Craig’s argument is that it has transpired that the Government are not engaging in any formal negotiations regarding the WA ergo there is nothing to be compromised

You really couldn’t make this sh#t up, the current Government are living in Walter Mitty land
Is this about the law that brexiter morons said would never actually be put before parliament, would never get through the HoC, would never get through the HoL, would never be sent for royal assent and which would never receive royal assent. That law?
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 3,803
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 08:59 PM
9

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Plan 'B'

They have found an obscure EU ruling, you can't help wondering if any politicians have read or understood any EU law and are now aware that their stunning ignorance is plain too see.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-plan-19856454
But Jean-Claude Piris, formerly the director-general of the*EU Council’s legal service, said the idea – refusing to appoint a new commissioner – would fail to shut down the EU, as No 10 hoped.
“The Commission can continue to work and decide legally,” Mr Piris wrote on Twitter, citing a precedent dating back to 1999.
Instead, he said: “The UK will be brought to the EUCJ [the*European Court of Justice] for violation of its obligation.”
“If he refuses to nominate a Commissioner, the UK would be in breach of the treaty – that being so, EU Commission not at fault and can operate legally.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9096546.html
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,060
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-09-2019, 09:13 PM
10

Re: The Benn Bill May Actually be Illegal....

Brexit will be explained to you tomorrow.

No, it won't because obviously nobody has a clue. Politicians just won't admit it.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.