Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:44 PM

Re: Who Are These People?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
All these memories being resurrected, I will have a king-size headache at this rate!

Checked this out too, see link below for why 'Trigger' was not called by his stage name:

https://www.ofah.net/blog/revealed-w...alled-trigger/

Also mentioned in the link above is Roy Rogers, yet another memory from many years' ago – must be getting old after all!
Interesting article, Baz. Thank you

I bet there's a scrap metal merchant named Roy Rogers somewhere too....where will this end?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:45 PM

A lady living near me put a childrens indoor slide outside her gate with a sign saying "Free to take away" Two days later it was still there. Someone told her to put a notice on it "For sale £5" She did. Next morning it was gone.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
In my shed, l leave some chocolate on a dish to warn me if mice are getting in.
Yesterday, the chocolate was gone! I decided to find where they were coming in and after pulling a load of stuff out, l found the hole. I covered it with a piece of flat metal and put a brick on top.

I then had the job of putting all the stuff back in. I looked at it and thought why am l keeping these things, l will probably never use them.

I binned some things and thought l would take my old hair dryer on a stand and a Flymo mower, l never use to the tip.
The thought of having to put the seats down in my car, load it with the items and take them to the tip seemed a bit of a bind.

Instead, l decided to put them on the verge outside my house but further up the road and if they hadn’t gone by 2.30pm, l would take them to the tip.

Within half an hour, l could hear a lorry’s engine running outside my fence and l heard a man say, ‘I’m sure we can find room for these’ and off they went.

That was wonderful for me, even though for half an hour, l was probably classed as a ‘fly tipper’!

Who are these people? Do they just drive round and round looking for tat?
I could see that it was a tall lorry with a wired trailer like the council’s recycling vehicles.
I bet that they took the chocolate, as well!

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:52 AM

Garbage pickers
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Interesting article, Baz. Thank you

I bet there's a scrap metal merchant named Roy Rogers somewhere too....where will this end?
Yep, Rogers wasn't a "Buck" either.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:09 PM

I remember being round my mates house in south London,
When the rag and bone man knocked at the door, and my mates
dad answered the door and said to them,' sorry mate, all the rags
we've got, we wear', We thought it was very funny because it was
true!
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top