Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:59 AM

Re: Precious furry friends.

Originally Posted by basser ->
..Children come second.. well how very strange and heartless is that sentiment, I feel very sorry for the children that you have brought up feeling that they are second to your animals

These are the only thoughts that I have ever agreed with by
Tarantula, words well said T.
Hey - if I were a child I would love to be adopted by Julie!

We have disagreed on a few things in the past, but her loving, caring attitude to her family - including pets - would never be one of them. It is encouraging to know that there are still kindly people such as Julie in this wicked world.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hey - if I were a child I would love to be adopted by Julie!

We have disagreed on a few things in the past, but her loving, caring attitude to her family - including pets - would never be one of them. It is encouraging to know that there are still kindly people such as Julie in this wicked world.
Yea! I'll second that ....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:39 AM

No one is contesting Julies love of animals I love animals as much as anyone on this site but my children have always come first and always will, and yes I find it very strange that some on here should feel the reverse, in my opinion that goes against the very basics of human nature and the way most of us have evolved.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Putting a human child on the same level as a mere animal of another species, doesn't make for a good parent, imo. Of course kids should be taught not to be deliberately cruel to animals, but they should also be taught that humans come first.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
No one is contesting Julies love of animals I love animals as much as anyone on this site but my children have always come first and always will, and yes I find it very strange that some on here should feel the reverse, in my opinion that goes against the very basics of human nature and the way most of us have evolved.
Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Putting a human child on the same level as a mere animal of another species, doesn't make for a good parent, imo. Of course kids should be taught not to be deliberately cruel to animals, but they should also be taught that humans come first.
I think we might be taking Julie's comment a bit too literal.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Well I think if you take on a helpless creature you have to put it's needs ahead of most other things. Getting out of the car this morning, Child managed on her own, dogs needed help and attention. Breakfast today child likes to make her own toast and I encourage that as I want her to be self sufficient as an adult, dogs needed their tin opened and their veggies cut up. Never had a dog could learn to do that.
I love them all equally I think, I am as devastated when one of my dogs dies as when a human family member does.

I don't see why any human being should be thought of as better than an animal that's one reason I am a vegetarian and can't eat animals.

I need animals and humans in my life they all give me something different. I try to do my best for them all but they have different needs. One needs to be taught to be an individual and how to live alone if necessary and the other needs to be cared for like a small child all it's life so it doesn't do something daft like run into the road or starve to death.

I'd say being a human parent is harder because you have to let go eventually and let them be a whole person apart from you, being a dog mummy you are only parted by death. Which devastating as it is, is a normal natural end to life.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 01:01 PM

I am often to be found grooving with several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am often to be found grooving with several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave.
What is grooving?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I think if you take on a helpless creature you have to put it's needs ahead of most other things. Getting out of the car this morning, Child managed on her own, dogs needed help and attention. Breakfast today child likes to make her own toast and I encourage that as I want her to be self sufficient as an adult, dogs needed their tin opened and their veggies cut up. Never had a dog could learn to do that.
I love them all equally I think, I am as devastated when one of my dogs dies as when a human family member does.

I don't see why any human being should be thought of as better than an animal that's one reason I am a vegetarian and can't eat animals.

I need animals and humans in my life they all give me something different. I try to do my best for them all but they have different needs. One needs to be taught to be an individual and how to live alone if necessary and the other needs to be cared for like a small child all it's life so it doesn't do something daft like run into the road or starve to death.

I'd say being a human parent is harder because you have to let go eventually and let them be a whole person apart from you, being a dog mummy you are only parted by death. Which devastating as it is, is a normal natural end to life.
I totally agree with you Julie.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I totally agree with you Julie.
Yes Julie, I also agree with what your saying.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top