Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 03:58 PM

Re: Christmas is just around the corner

Mornin' Blue...I just found out yesterday that the kids have put up their Christmas tree at the farm. They have also put up gates all around it, to keep the nosy doggies away from it. On the 2nd, of December they are hosting "A Secret Santa"...for family and friends, which has become a tradition over the years...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

Will you "get breakfast in bed"?
I have never have breakfast in bed, not my scene. We don't have breakfast on Christmas Day. Our Christmas dinner is the only meal we require.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:27 AM

"Just around the corner"? I think not.

Will start worrying about Christmas on 1st Dec when I put up my lights and tree. Far too early to even think about now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
"Just around the corner"? I think not.

Will start worrying about Christmas on 1st Dec when I put up my lights and tree. Far too early to even think about now.
I agree.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 10:59 AM

Made our Christmas puddings yesterday, that's a sure fire indication Christmas is coming, cake waiting to be decorated too, but that gets done much later on.

Started writing cards too, done all the ones for work and school, just the neighbours and then the hand made family ones to get to and I think we have Sunday afternoon marked out for doing them.

I've had a knitting problem seem to have misread the pattern so have to unpick about ten inches of the back of Nathans Christmas present jumper. I won't tell you what I said when I noticed that *********
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
One benefit of my fractured arm is that I won't be able to write cards, wrap any presents, put up the decorations, or cook Christmas Dinner. Those have always been my tasks, I get a year off, YIPPEE.
Good for you Tara...

I don't mind putting it all up, but I hate packing it away when it is all over.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Mornin' Blue...I just found out yesterday that the kids have put up their Christmas tree at the farm. They have also put up gates all around it, to keep the nosy doggies away from it. On the 2nd, of December they are hosting "A Secret Santa"...for family and friends, which has become a tradition over the years...
Oh how wonderful, I bet it looks so nice....wish I was there..... This year is going to be another quiet one for me I think, but that is ok, I found out last night that someone needs a dog sitter.....so I volunteered....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:21 PM

Good for you Tara...

I don't mind putting it all up, but I hate packing it away when it is all over.
I quite like packing it away it sort of feels like we then have spring to look forward to and that has to be something better than deep winter.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Made our Christmas puddings yesterday, that's a sure fire indication Christmas is coming, cake waiting to be decorated too, but that gets done much later on.

Started writing cards too, done all the ones for work and school, just the neighbours and then the hand made family ones to get to and I think we have Sunday afternoon marked out for doing them.

I've had a knitting problem seem to have misread the pattern so have to unpick about ten inches of the back of Nathans Christmas present jumper. I won't tell you what I said when I noticed that *********
Hi Julie ...gee it must be fun around your house, with all your baking. I love Christmas puddings (with a nice carmel sauce) and maybe a spoon of whipped cream.....

Good luck with catching up on the knitting that set you behind....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-11-2018, 02:28 PM

Hi Julie ...gee it must be fun around your house, with all your baking. I love Christmas puddings (with a nice carmel sauce) and maybe a spoon of whipped cream.....

Good luck with catching up on the knitting that set you behind....
Indeed I'm going to smuggle me knitting into work I can hide in my cupboard for ten minutes and get a bit done

Its custard with pudding my lot would kill me if that changed they are all custard fans.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top