Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Hi

The EU is getting worse.

The Commission, headed by Juncker has now published proposals to set tax rates across the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU is getting worse.

The Commission, headed by Juncker has now published proposals to set tax rates across the EU.
Well, if people are stupid enough to want to be under their rule, they have only themselves to blame.

Next it will be compulsory conscription.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Did the people vote on changes to our constitution that the signing of different EU treaties would create? No we didn't, they were signed with no regard for public opinion.
When I say "we" Judd I mean our Government who are supposed to be our representatives. Am I wrong in thinking "we" do have some voice within the EU. I have always thought we did. If not then why do our representatives bother attending all those EU meetings.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
When I say "we" Judd I mean our Government who are supposed to be our representatives. Am I wrong in thinking "we" do have some voice within the EU. I have always thought we did. If not then why do our representatives bother attending all those EU meetings.
For the same reason our wonderful peers attend the House of Lords, the only difference being that the MEPs are obliged to stay awake!
fender
United Kingdom
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
That's true. People conveniently forget that we are part of the EU - fully paid up members with rights and obligations. We cannot just opt out. IF the EU is now a monster we don't like we should realise that we have been instrumental in its creation.
Perhaps they'd like to verify their own accounts before telling us what our obligations are?
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top