Join for free
Page 236 of 370 « First < 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's it. Like any sport or hobby, we do what we are interested in without being forced into it.

Are you going to the gym today mate?
Not today. I was there on Friday for a free session to see what it was like, as a friend is already a member and they are allowed to bring a friend along for a try-out. I was also there on Saturday for my Induction, so I did two sessions in two consecutive days. I'm resting up today, pleasantly stiff from the workout on the new machines, and I have a hospital appointment tomorrow which involves travel, but I'll be there on Tuesday.

Just got my account set up on https://www.mywellness.com on Android and PC, so looking forward to getting some data recorded from when I'm on the weight machines! Still amazed by that being a "thing".
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Not today. I was there on Friday for a free session to see what it was like, as a friend is already a member and they are allowed to bring a friend along for a try-out. I was also there on Saturday for my Induction, so I did two sessions in two consecutive days. I'm resting up today, pleasantly stiff from the workout on the new machines, and I have a hospital appointment tomorrow which involves travel, but I'll be there on Tuesday.

Just got my account set up on https://www.mywellness.com on Android and PC, so looking forward to getting some data recorded from when I'm on the weight machines! Still amazed by that being a "thing".
Sounds like a really good way to record your exercises mate. Good luck with it next week
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 07:15 PM

we got it from Argos a product called OMRON. Setting it up is a bit of a fiddle ,with length of stride we just guessed it for example
link

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/omron...ng-calculator/

Sue being tight fisted got me the cheaper version

as i said setting it up is a pain, at first we could not get it to work due to poor instructions. It was down to how the buttons were pressed in the end, something you would have to discover like we did. usually a quick press did it
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
we got it from Argos a product called OMRON. Setting it up is a bit of a fiddle ,with length of stride we just guessed it for example
link

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/omron...ng-calculator/

Sue being tight fisted got me the cheaper version
Excellent. Thanks. Cheap and cheerful's exactly what I'm after
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 02:15 PM

Those 'Stepometers' are notoriously inaccurate. Every time you move your leg it registers one step regardless of how long that step is. Imagine if its inaccurate to just six inch (less than the length of one of your feet) every step, on a walk of ten thousand steps it would be over one mile adrift.....

I used one while delivering the post on the same route every day for six days, on a distance of eight miles, and in one week I got six different readings....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Those 'Stepometers' are notoriously inaccurate. Every time you move your leg it registers one step regardless of how long that step is. Imagine if its inaccurate to just six inch (less than the length of one of your feet) every step, on a walk of ten thousand steps it would be over one mile adrift.....

I used one while delivering the post on the same route every day for six days, on a distance of eight miles, and in one week I got six different readings....
I reckon sitting there crossing and uncrossing your legs ten thousand times could work up a sweat...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I reckon sitting there crossing and uncrossing your legs ten thousand times could work up a sweat...
Ha ha .......Yes that would work just as well Floydy...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-01-2019, 04:42 AM

Tuesday's planned training session will now take place tomorrow instead as I am going to the hospital for a chest x-ray. Hopefully they'll detect something which is triggering my long-troubling coughing fits.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Good luck with the x-ray Floydy.....

Managed to struggle round a five this morning in a poor time. There seems to be some tightness in my lower back muscles preventing me from using any power, it would also explain Sunday's pathetic attempt at running....
It could have been caused by incorrect lifting of all the Christmas decorations into the loft, a course of Ibuprofen should stop it getting any worse....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:07 PM

A painful lower back?
I'm creeping around like an old crone... slightly better than yesterday, came on suddenly but I have no idea what I did.
Haven't had a bad back for decades!
I'm now doing all the things I preach to others!

Page 236 of 370 « First < 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top