Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Re: Flu Jabs

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They are the ones with the medical training
Medical training allows health workers to know how to administer a vaccine and what questions to ask the patient.

Medical training has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge of whether a vaccine actually works and what scientific evidence there is for and against it.

Most health workers are utterly clueless about the Flu Vaccine. They simply do what they are told to do regarding it, which is to push it out to as many people as possible, sell, sell, sell. As I said earlier the NHS even runs bonus schemes to incentivise employees to push the vaccine on as many people as possible. It's a nonsense.

The fact that the Flu Vaccine HAS been scientifically and independently tested and researched by the industry's most internationally respected medical research body (Cochrane Institute) and found to be a largely useless product, helping only 1 in every 100 people vaccinated is damning evidence indeed.

The fact that GP's and health workers across medical industry STILL push the vaccine out to people using a "Campaign Of Fear" despite this concrete scientific data, speaks volumes about the morality and credibility of those health services and workers or at the least it's total ignorance of the facts.

Don't be a victim. DO YOUR RESEARCH.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-09-2018, 05:07 PM

And the crusade goes on.....yawn...

Tell me, Realist, when did you go through medical training to have such an unrealistic impression of what it teaches? Scientific evidence and efficacy of treatments are routinely taught...

I'm not saying I support the flu vaccine, but don't like to see you getting your facts wrong about what medical training involves...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 05:24 PM

No flu jab for me .
I’ve never gotten one nor will I ever and I rarely if ever get the flu or even a cold for that matter. Instead I try and keep my immune system up to par and so far it’ works brilliantly.
So thanks but no thanks
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Scientific evidence and efficacy of treatments are routinely taught...
Then perhaps you'd enlighten us all regarding why the various GPs and health workers continue to vigorously push the flu jab on vulnerable people given the scientific evidence has proven that the efficacy of the vaccine is close to zero.

Do you:

1. Refute the scientific research and evidence?
2. Believe health workers are ignoring the evidence and research?
3. Believe health workers are in it for the money and bonuses?

Genuinely interested in your explanation
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 06:28 PM

Even if you're the 1 in 100 who might benefit... who's to say you'll get the 'flu anyway?
I shall be considering the shingles jab, have had the pneumonia jab, but the 'flu jab?
Nah, though the most popular opinion seems to be "might as well, can't do me any harm" which is not a good enough reason for me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 06:45 PM

You may not realize, Realist, but Deylon is a sick lady who hasn't the strength or energy to research the many pages that the Cochrane institute produce.... and I think you are very cruel to pressure her to do so.

If they have found anything harmful in the vaccine, it would have made world news, so why not let the medical people who are caring for her advise her?
Even if it only works for 1 in 100 people, surely it is better to take the precaution than be the one that may die from it? I would want deylon to avoid all possible risk, even if it does mean that Big Pharma make a profit
You are at liberty to make you own decisions on what you do, but you have no right to pressure a lady into doing something that her doctor may disagree with...... and she really isn't well enough to think about researching. After all, you know nothing about her condition & have no medical qualifications, so all you know is what you read on the internet. Her doctor is responsible for her care, so let him help her make the best decision about her flu jab!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 06:48 PM

Her doctor is responsible for her care, so let him help her make the best decision about her flu jab!
Indeed, and last year Deylon's doctor advised her against it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Indeed, and last year Deylon's doctor advised her against it.
I believe that she was also going through cancer treatment at that time, which may have affected his decision! All I am doing is suggesting that the situation may have changed so she should ask him again, as I was advised to delay my Flu jab when I was being treated for cancer.
I just think her GP can advise better than Realist, who doesn't even know her health condition, so checking with her doctor must surely be the best advice.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

05-09-2018, 06:59 PM

I believe that she was also going through cancer treatment at that time, which may have affected his decision! All I am doing is suggesting that the situation may have changed so she should ask him again, as I was advised to delay my Flu jab when I was being treated for cancer.
I just think her GP can advise...so checking with her doctor must surely be the best advice.
Of course, and I'm sure she will.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Thanks I did not expect any of you to advise me I have to make up my own mind.I did not have the jab last year,it was about the time my breathing probs. began.How do I research the info you have printed is it type in all those letters ? On Friday a member of my G.P services is coming to see me, re my hospital stay,dont supose we will know each other,but I will ask their advice,then on the 13th I go back to Cancer Hospital so will see what they say also then decide

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top