Join for free
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Changing a tap.

I have to change a tap in the bathroom up at the daughters house,she has a combi boiler and obviously no hot water tank to drain,do I just turn the water off under the kitchen sink,is there any residual pressure I need to relieve before attempting to dismantle the old one?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 04:12 PM

Re: Changing a tap.

As far as I know, with a combi you can just turn off the cold supply, ( mains) and there shouldn’t be any need to drain off as the water is shut off, obviously turn off the water and open the taps, ( the one you are changing)
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Re: Changing a tap.

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
As far as I know, with a combi you can just turn off the cold supply, ( mains) and there shouldn’t be any need to drain off as the water is shut off, obviously turn off the water and open the taps, ( the one you are changing)
Thanks,that was what I thought and was hoping.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top