Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:19 PM

Pre Diabetes

Has now been recognised by Doctors as a real possibility of full blown type two. I have been diagnosed as Pre Type Two Diabetic. Has anyone attended one of the short seminars to discuss diets and changes of lifestyle? I have signed up to attend one over the coming few weeks. Were they of any use to you? Did they help?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:28 PM

Re: Pre Diabetes

Hi E-Z.
No I haven't but a couple of lads I work with have.
Apart from being told to change their diet and eat much less sugar they were advised to exercise more.
This condition is highly associated with inactivity. Even simple things such as going for brisk walks instead of lounging around on the sofa can actually reverse the condition.
Keep us informed if you can though bud
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:41 PM

Thanks for you input Floydy. My first day to attend is the 23rd so i'll see how it goes. Yes lifestyle changes are coming for me i think! I couldn't exercise more if i tried. I walk miles every day, seven days a week plus i'm in my garden working. I really only sit down for a few hours in the evenings. I eat healthily..five a day every day. My weight hasn't changed for years. 6ft 2ins and 12 1/2 stone. Still love cycling at speed although mostly in the Spring and Summer months. Oh well, i'll see how it goes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Thanks for you input Floydy. My first day to attend is the 23rd so i'll see how it goes. Yes lifestyle changes are coming for me i think! I couldn't exercise more if i tried. I walk miles every day, seven days a week plus i'm in my garden working. I really only sit down for a few hours in the evenings. I eat healthily..five a day every day. My weight hasn't changed for years. 6ft 2ins and 12 1/2 stone. Still love cycling at speed although mostly in the Spring and Summer months. Oh well, i'll see how it goes.
Well that's fantastic E-Z You seem to be living your life really well to be honest. It's strange how this condition sometimes affects those who lead such a healthy lifestyle. You're my height but a full four stone lighter so it's rather bizarre isn't it?
Yes, just go along to the meeting, I will be very interested in what they tell you.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 08:27 AM

Ez, the classes can be interesting, you should go.

But all you really need to do is:

Eat healthy food, Lean meat, Chicken, Turkey, Fish, loads of vegetables, limit yourr fruit, no sugar, no biscuits, no cakes, no pastry, limit bread to only 2 slices a day, have porridge for breakfast and plenty of exercise.
Cut out fizzy drinks.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2018, 08:50 AM

Hi Susie and thank you. Yes i'm sure you're right. Sugary things are going o be a no no. Never going to be easy with Christmas coming up. This course or seminar i am attending consists of four meetings over four weeks with a follow up of another fourteen more in the new year. Not sure why it will take so many visits to put me and others on a no sugar diet. Thanks for your comments, i'm sure you are right in what you say. I hope you are keeping yourself fit and well. XX
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 03:35 PM

Ez, I've been Diabetic for 35 years now, so I think I know about it be now. At first you will miss the finer things in life, but you soon get used to it, I don't even think about it now, my Husband still eats whatever he wants in front of me and it doesn't bother me. I don't even drink now, although on Christmas Day, I might have 1 shot of Whisky.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2018, 11:07 PM

I;m making the most of it this weekend before i go on the 27th. Eating everything in sight.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

25-11-2018, 09:27 AM

Good thinking Ez
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

25-11-2018, 12:52 PM

While you are at it, look at the Diabetes link, its very interesting and gives you a lot of information and food.

www.diabetes.co.uk

Any questions ask myself, Twink or Nom as us three have been Diabetic a very long time.

I know myself and Twink are type 1, not sure about Nom though.

Good luck on Tuesday, let me know how it went on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top