Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:30 PM

Peter Phillips' plan to race horses along the Mall.

The Queen's Grandson Peter Phillips wants to hold a horse racing event in London, along the Mall. No doubt he will get the permission of his grandmother but what about the disruption to traffic, the cost of holding such an event (I wonder who pays for it?) and what about the welfare of the animals? racing on a road can't be good for them despite the fact they plan to cover them in special materials. Of course, Granny will get to watch from her own balcony.

A typical hair-brained scheme from the Royal hangers- on but no doubt it will happen. I can't help thinking that if one of us had come up with the idea, we would be laughed off the planet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...CE-London.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Re: Peter Phillips' plan to race horses along the Mall.

Really can't see the point of this stupid idea.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:55 PM

Doolalley idea.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Really can't see the point of this stupid idea.
Neither can I, it's stupid.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:21 PM

I like the idea

from the Telegraph ...

The surface, which was used for the show jumping at the London Olympics and annually at Horse of the Year Show, consists of a highly engineered plastic sub-base system which is laid directly on to the road. Known as Equaflow, it can withstand pressure equivalent to 70 tonnes per square metre.

On top of that is laid a membrane and, on top of that, 150mm of a sand-based all-weather surface designed by Andrews Bowen, an all-weather surface manufacturer and partner in City Racing.

It certainly got the thumbs-up from the jockeys riding. Sean Levey, the Classic-winning jockey, said: “The surface rides unbelievably well – it was like Newcastle when it was first laid down. It’s a great idea. It’s all about widening the audience and bringing racing to the people.”
I'll post some photos.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I like the idea

from the Telegraph ...

I'll post some photos.
It might cost you a bit to get in d00d. I can't imagine it will be available to any old Londoner.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Oh, I don't know ...

City Racing (Chief Exec: Peter Phillips) with investors from Johannesburg, Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Las Vegas ... plan to go global with it. And it all helps to put London on the map.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 03:18 PM

The grounds of Buckingham Palace are large enough for a permanent racing venue. That is a better idea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The grounds of Buckingham Palace are large enough for a permanent racing venue. That is a better idea.
Brilliant idea. They could race around the building like in Ben-Hur.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Ascot race course is in the back garden of Windsor Castle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top