Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:06 PM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
And his boss said that he was working at the time of the incident. ?????
Indeed possibly better to wait until a court has proved them guilty or innocent before splashing their faces across the media. I hate to be suspected of anything these days there is no longer any innocent until proven guilty these people will never live it down even if they aren't guilty.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed possibly better to wait until a court has proved them guilty or innocent before splashing their faces across the media. I hate to be suspected of anything these days there is no longer any innocent until proven guilty these people will never live it down even if they aren't guilty.
I agree Julie. So where did the media get the photo of the couple.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 09:34 PM

I agree Julie. So where did the media get the photo of the couple.
Those photos are no longer on the BBC news website!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:34 PM

And his boss said that he was working at the time of the incident. ?????
Of course he was, because he is the fall guy....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 09:58 AM

The pictures of this nice looking couple are on almost every front page.
Extraordinary.
And now it's being said that the situation could've been sorted almost immediately, but that ministers refused the help offered by the forces...and the Government delayed by a year or so to bring in new legislation and cutting edge technology.
I do think that the Minister for transport should resign.
I wonder if this Government could successfully organise a piss up in a brewery...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:07 AM

I am amazed pictures are being posted of people when they are only being questioned and no one has been charged.

There is also a photograph of a rather nice house belonging to the people too complete with an address. an open invitation to vandalism.

What if these people are not the culprits
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:10 AM

I read that even when they were in custody a drone was sighted....seems peculiar.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:19 AM

These people live very close to Gatwick and they may be part of an anti-Gatwick group objecting to noise.

Their photos were shown on the Beeb website when the news first broke, were then taken down when I checked last evening - so I expect clearance has been given which allows them to show the photos.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:20 PM

Strange also that the drone story has occupied the front page of the BBC news website for the last three days, when a Tsunami killing 169 people (at the last report) in Indonesia gets just a small corner......?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:22 PM

The window fitter arrested over the Gatwick Airport drone chaos has been given alibis by his boss and ex-girlfriend.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...gaits-13771091

Former soldier Paul Gait, 47, and his wife Elaine Kirk-Gait, 54, are being questioned after 1,000 flights were deliberately disrupted leaving 200,000 passengers in Christmas travel hell.

Gemma Allard, 40, and her dad run Allard Double Glazing in Crowborough, where Paul works. She said: “He was with me at work the whole time the drones were up. Paul comes to my house every morning - I’ve got a child with him. The morning of this going on, he was sitting in my front room having a cup of tea with me – and the rest of the day he was working. They need to let him out and catch the right people. Paul wouldn’t do this, no chance.”

And Gemma’s dad John said: “Paul comes in around 7.45am and I remember those days he worked late. I don’t think it can be him.” Mr Allard also told The Sun: "I really do think this is a load of b******s. I can account for Paul's movements every day this week. When we watched it on Good Morning Britain on Thursday morning, Paul was saying how stupid he thought flying a drone over Gatwick was."

Elaine’s ex-husband Ian Kirk, 50, turned up at her house yesterday to collect her dogs, a Jack Russell and a pug named Sid and Maddie.

Dad Francis, 72, told the Mirror: “He’s had some cracking helicopters and enjoyed flying them, but I think he ended up selling them. "He had them ages ago. It’ll be a year or two. I can’t believe Paul’s involved in this, I just can’t. The times this thing was flying in the daylight – when Paul was at work. I think they’re just dying to pin it on somebody. I can’t believe for one minute it’s true. It’s just mad.”

And Paul’s mum Margaret, 70, told the Sunday Mirror: “We’re just so shocked. It’s not the sort of thing Paul would do. He’s a nice person.”
Cast-iron credentials and rock-solid alibis - former soldier, working hard (employer can account for movements) to support glamourous wife and ex-girlfriend (employer's daughter) with his baby (he visits her every day for tea!)

Wife has a Jack Russell and a pug named Sid and Maddie.

Obviously mistaken identity .....

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top