Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:00 AM

Ed Sheeran

Breaks All-Time Record For Most Money Made In One Year By A Musician.
millions of pounds apparently.
OK ,own up ,who helped towards it
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:32 AM

Re: Ed Sheeran

Not me, in the right place at the right time I think, lucky him.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 04:52 AM

Not me either. I'm still unsure about him. What singles him out against all the other buskers in the world? It's luck if you ask me.
He's only famous because ginger is in vogue at the moment.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:10 AM

I like his music and yes I think he got a lucky break.
Which is what we all need in life.

In my earlier days Floyd I knew quite a few buskers around the West End and yes he does fit in perfectly with them, infact I heard better singers than him.
But his difference is his music writing.
You only have to look at the amount of hits he gets on Youtube per song.

Yep gonna have me a Ed Sheeran half hour now..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:14 AM

He writes lovely songs and he seems unchanged by his success.....good luck to him...bet you anything he gives a lot of it away..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I like his music and yes I think he got a lucky break.
Which is what we all need in life.

In my earlier days Floyd I knew quite a few buskers around the West End and yes he does fit in perfectly with them, infact I heard better singers than him.
But his difference is his music writing.
You only have to look at the amount of hits he gets on Youtube per song.

Yep gonna have me a Ed Sheeran half hour now..
Hi bud. I think I need to listen to more of his music to be honest. It's the hip hop stuff I can't be doing with, I much prefer songs like the one I'm about to mention below.

There is one absolutely brilliant piece of songwriting in a song called "Make It Rain", which I first heard in the TV series 'Sons Of Anarchy'. I couldn't believe it was Ed Sheeran when I read the credits after the programme.
It doesn't even feature on an album, but here it is with lyrics:
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:21 AM

He does seem to use the lyric "follow my lead" quite a lot, but respect, he has carved his own niche.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 09:51 AM

He's one of those I hear on the radio and really enjoy, see on interview shows and think is a nice man, but I don't feel the need to seek his music out to stream it or buy it. Lot of them around like that these days.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He's one of those I hear on the radio and really enjoy, see on interview shows and think is a nice man, but I don't feel the need to seek his music out to stream it or buy it. Lot of them around like that these days.
Indeed, there are many "talented" musicians but singularly few who "break the mould". By cultivating a speciality within defined genres, a musician can attract millions of followers on the internet.

Sheeran comes from a privileged background and spent his youth "training" to be a media star, as many young people do nowadays, but either he's just very lucky or there's a management team behind him that can do no wrong - his success in reaching the highest levels of popular music, fraternising with the most famous, while so young, is nothing short of phenomenal, as are his "reach" figures - On 4 December, 2017, Sheeran was named Spotify's most streamed artist of 2017 with 6.3 billion streams. He has Spotify's biggest album of that year with ÷ streamed 3.1 billion times, and the top song with "Shape of You" with 1.4 billion streams.

But, has he "moved music on" or just produced more of the same, but slightly different .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Maybe I will appreciate his songs more in thirty years time, like I did with Abba and the BeegGees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top