Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Re: Hemorrhoids

Piles (just too lazy to spell it correctly sorry) do cause itching so please don't worry it's something much worse it's far more likely to just be the piles.

You need to use a soft warm damp cloth to clean your bottom after pooping, then dry it with very soft loo paper or another cloth. Make sure it's completely dry.

Apply a gentle nappy cream and if you can't stop scratching over night wear gloves or you will damage the area more.

Treat the piles with whatever cream they suggest these days when I had them it was years ago so they may have better ones now.

Try to only use baby products on the area don't use perfumed shower or bath products they will make it worse. Also don't use those wet wipes for bottoms they are terrible for causing itchiness.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Poor you LQ
I think Carols idea of Canesten is probaby the best bet .

Just reading up about caused on here .

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-diso...w-anal-itching
For temporary relief I would agree that Canesten is worth trying.
Being diabetic, over the years I have had thrush several times ( which really itches) and Canesten Thrush cream helps get rid of the thrush and the itch... so I would think that Canesten HC will keep you comfy till you can see the doctor again.
Thrush is a yeast infection which usually comes from the bowel ....so it may even solve the problem!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:26 AM

Morning everyone

Thank you for all your advice, I am already using canesten but unfortunately it hasn't helped as yet, I've been using it 3 days so will continue using it for a couple more days as you can only use it for 7 days I think.

I am going to try other things suggested by you all.

I'm just on my way out to take my Dad shopping so I am going to call in at the chemist and ask for their advice and about tablets to help relieve itching, I'll also try the cornflour trick.

Julie, my Dad told me to wear gloves too, I haven't done yet but I am going to tonight.

I'm also going to try diprobase as that is supposed to help with itching but it suggests keeping the area dry but creams and things like this make it moist so its a difficult one.

Heres hoping and praying for some relief, I've never known anything like it.

I'm going to a Christmas party tonight for us Golden Girls, I don't wanna be scratching me backside all night LOL.

My husband suggested sticking a wire brush up me bum! he was trying to make me laugh and he succeeded! LOL.

Have a lovely day all xxx
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:45 AM

Slather zinc and castor oil cream liberally x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Slather zinc and castor oil cream liberally x
I'm biting my lip here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:39 PM

Keeping the area dry from moisture is a bit different to using a cream that has stuff in it to help heal. That's why they say dry the area thoroughly before applying. The creams moisture is fine.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:11 PM

Have a lovely time tonight Queeny.
T.tree oil mixed with sudo cream should help. X
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Morning everyone

Thank you for all your advice, I am already using canesten but unfortunately it hasn't helped as yet,
Maybe you are using the plain canesten Queenie.

To get any decent relief from itching it has to be CANESTEN HC. The HC (hydrocortisone) makes the world of difference.

I would be amazed if this didn't help the itch.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Sorry Queenie. I just read your post again and it looks like you are using the hydrocortisone canesten.

So sorry it hasn't worked for you.

There's also HC45 cream. My Tony has cured itching on his bald head with this. Then again it has to be HC45 and not just E45.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:36 PM

I had it once and was give this stuff to squirt up inside.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top