Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:44 PM

Help to sleep

For various reasons I have problems getting to sleep and having a really good night's sleep is rare. I've googled this and found all kinds of therapies and techniques and healthy thinking, heavy breathing and god knows what............but........there are products out there I could buy.........what can you recommend?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Re: Help to sleep

Sex. They say it works, anyway.

Not that I'd know about such things.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 10:49 PM

Good luck with that JBR.......
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:17 PM

Turmeric.

Only read about this in the last couple of days. It has many , many benefits. After Christmas, I'm going to start making recipes to include it.

https://www.theawesomegreen.com/turm...-better-sleep/

Just one of it's many :

At its base, turmeric reduces inflammation, lowers your blood sugar levels, helps your liver to detoxify, boosts your immune system and eases your digestive system – all of which help you to get to sleep faster, to sleep better, and to wake up feeling refreshed.

or this. Easy to make :

https://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/tur...7zD--aztMX7riU

Turmeric Infused Honey

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground turmeric(of therapeutic quality )
¼ cup raw honey
2 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
Instructions:

Mix the ingredients, stir well, and cover. Store the mixture at room temperature, and stir it before each use. To fight the flu or a cold, take half a teaspoon of the mixture, several times daily.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
For various reasons I have problems getting to sleep and having a really good night's sleep is rare. I've googled this and found all kinds of therapies and techniques and healthy thinking, heavy breathing and god knows what............but........there are products out there I could buy.........what can you recommend?
I believe Valerian is good, reviews look positive, I'd definitely try it...

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...7?skuid=097266
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:33 PM

Try staying awake! Keep one eye just open enough to see some light from the window. Eventually your eye will close.

Another one I use (works for me) Imagine hearing a large group of people all chatting at once but with no specific words. Keep going until the 'people' start to speak for themselves. You might have to do this several times before you drift off.

Relax. Really feel yourself sinking into the mattress, limb buy limb, then your head. You will be surprise how much you can relax your head.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:39 PM

For a natural remedy I'd say Cardamom milk is great. You boil some milk along with several crushed cardamoms. Strain before drinking.

I tend to rely on Kalms one a night.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

22-12-2018, 11:41 PM

I'll try all of those at some stage............I have some Kalms somewhere......
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:11 AM

peace of mind .

Probaby why I never sleep well .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 01:36 AM

As a life long insomniac I may not be the best person to give advice

However for me to get a good nights sleep ( even if it is only three or four hours ) I need:

Total darkness
Total silence

And that means no clocks ticking, no clocks with illuminating lights etc, as well as black out curtains

I need to be relaxed, that means getting off the pc, tv etc an hour before I want to sleep

a constant temperature , for me its to be on the colder side of Luke warm

A good amount of bed space

Some find a warm bath and a hot milk an hour before bed works ( not me, Im of the age where I hate to feel warm)

Basically its learning a good sleep hygiene as its now known.

Rather like getting a routine that works for a wean, you have to find one that suits you and implement it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top