Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 08:50 PM

Meet the man fighting anti vaxxers

https://news.sky.com/story/meet-the-...xxers-11584301

An awful lot of what he says appears true to me. I don't condone some of his ways of speaking to people but someone has to say it as it is.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 09:43 AM

Re: Meet the man fighting anti vaxxers

I wonder if 'Realist' will pay heed to this???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Be good if they could meet. He has real experience of these awful diseases and understands the need to protect against them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Haven't seen him for a while. He probably has the Flu.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Haven't seen him for a while. He probably has the Flu.
Au Contraire dear Longdogs I am at this very moment soaking up the sun's rays replenishing my levels of Vitamin D to boost my immune system and overall health. I am cruising in the Canary Islands and enjoying it immensely. Temp here is a toasty 23 degrees. How is it back in Blighty I wonder ?

As for the article, I will need to research into this fellow in due course but I see he is selling books so profiting nicely from the vaccine debates !!

Aside from that anyone who blindly uses the term "anti vaxxer" is to my mind either a charlatan, paid stooge or uninformed individual.

It is a typical mis information term used to attempt to label and pigeon hole all opposing views and is a strategy used over and over by the establishment to try and squash the efforts of those sowing the seeds of truth.

I don't count myself an "anti vaxxer" per say. I count myself as someone who believe the Flu Vaccines are fraudulent snake oil and as someone who believes the Shingles vaccine is a solution to a problem that does not exist, and thus equally, snake oil.

I also count myself as someone hugely skeptical of the vaccine industry as a whole as a result of their despicable behaviours in runnign deliberate Campaigns Of Fear to literally frighten vulnerable people into having vaccines.

Those few objections does not an "anti vaxxer" make.

No more than someone who doesn't agree with the disability benefits system is an "anti government" activist.

One can not label sensible research into specific vaccines under the wide and all encompassing term "anti vaxxers" and anyone who does is very likely just yet another Pharma stooge trying to perpetuate these false ideas.

In this case the chap in question is essentially promoting his books using social media.

The importance of research, and the role of vaccines are subjects too important to bandy about with terms like "anti vaxxers".

EVERY vaccine, no matter what its nature or intended purpose MUST be individually assessed, researched, analysed and questioned. You would be a total idiot not to undertake such due diligence and it is highly irresponsible and immoral for any parent to force their child to have a vaccine if such due diligence has not been performed beforehand, imho.

There are many vaccines and each have their own set of problems and history. The MMR vaccine had a lot of controversy and it still rages on today. I make no comment on that particular one.

The article linked to in the OP is merely sensational clap trap using terms like "anti vaxxers" and will likely appeal to those wholly unable or unsuited to perform their own proper due dligence on such matters. Mostly those who need nice comforting words spoon fed to them so that they don't need to make any decisions themselves but rather let others make their decisions for them.

Research is hard, painstaking, frustrating and an effort. For some it is easier to say "Oh I won't bother because the medical industry surely knows what it is talking about, I am surely safe in its hands". Many of those in truth simply live in fear and denial because they are too afraid to face head on the possibility that the medical industry isn't there to cure them but rather to exploit their ailments and make $billions out of their naivety. Each to their own of course.

I don't count myself lucky to have the very reasonable health that I have. I simply live frugally and eat and drink good things and shun the bad things which I am becoming increasingly aware of. I treat any ailments naturally and recover from them swiftly. I proactively eat the right things to prevent cancer from ever developing, rather than wait for it to happen and then find myself in a corner with little to no options other than life zapping chemo and radiation. In short, I take personal responsibility for my health.

What I often find ironic is that my detractors on this forum who ardently defend Big Pharma and the medical industries are mostly smitten with illnesses and chronic conditions. Go figure ! )
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Au Contraire dear Longdogs I am at this very moment soaking up the sun's rays replenishing my levels of Vitamin D to boost my immune system and overall health. I am cruising in the Canary Islands and enjoying it immensely. Temp here is a toasty 23 degrees. How is it back in Blighty I wonder ?

As for the article, I will need to research into this fellow in due course but I see he is selling books so profiting nicely from the vaccine debates !!

Aside from that anyone who blindly uses the term "anti vaxxer" is to my mind either a charlatan, paid stooge or uninformed individual.

It is a typical mis information term used to attempt to label and pigeon hole all opposing views and is a strategy used over and over by the establishment to try and squash the efforts of those sowing the seeds of truth.

I don't count myself an "anti vaxxer" per say. I count myself as someone who believe the Flu Vaccines are fraudulent snake oil and as someone who believes the Shingles vaccine is a solution to a problem that does not exist, and thus equally, snake oil.

I also count myself as someone hugely skeptical of the vaccine industry as a whole as a result of their despicable behaviours in runnign deliberate Campaigns Of Fear to literally frighten vulnerable people into having vaccines.

Those few objections does not an "anti vaxxer" make.

No more than someone who doesn't agree with the disability benefits system is an "anti government" activist.

One can not label sensible research into specific vaccines under the wide and all encompassing term "anti vaxxers" and anyone who does is very likely just yet another Pharma stooge trying to perpetuate these false ideas.

In this case the chap in question is essentially promoting his books using social media.

The importance of research, and the role of vaccines are subjects too important to bandy about with terms like "anti vaxxers".

EVERY vaccine, no matter what its nature or intended purpose MUST be individually assessed, researched, analysed and questioned. You would be a total idiot not to undertake such due diligence and it is highly irresponsible and immoral for any parent to force their child to have a vaccine if such due diligence has not been performed beforehand, imho.

There are many vaccines and each have their own set of problems and history. The MMR vaccine had a lot of controversy and it still rages on today. I make no comment on that particular one.

The article linked to in the OP is merely sensational clap trap using terms like "anti vaxxers" and will likely appeal to those wholly unable or unsuited to perform their own proper due dligence on such matters. Mostly those who need nice comforting words spoon fed to them so that they don't need to make any decisions themselves but rather let others make their decisions for them.

Research is hard, painstaking, frustrating and an effort. For some it is easier to say "Oh I won't bother because the medical industry surely knows what it is talking about, I am surely safe in its hands". Many of those in truth simply live in fear and denial because they are too afraid to face head on the possibility that the medical industry isn't there to cure them but rather to exploit their ailments and make $billions out of their naivety. Each to their own of course.

I don't count myself lucky to have the very reasonable health that I have. I simply live frugally and eat and drink good things and shun the bad things which I am becoming increasingly aware of. I treat any ailments naturally and recover from them swiftly. I proactively eat the right things to prevent cancer from ever developing, rather than wait for it to happen and then find myself in a corner with little to no options other than life zapping chemo and radiation. In short, I take personal responsibility for my health.

What I often find ironic is that my detractors on this forum who ardently defend Big Pharma and the medical industries are mostly smitten with illnesses and chronic conditions. Go figure ! )
Lucky you being in the sun Realist, enjoy your holiday
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'm not chronically ill or smitten with conditions and I don't defend "big pharma". But I do believe in vaccination and I'd believe you're not an "anti vaxxer" when you finally admit that the polio vaccine is highly effective and a good thing for worldwide health! Your reluctance to praise that public health success story is evidence that you are totally anti-vax.

Enjoy your holiday. It's lovely for wintersun. My favourite place is La Gomera. Very special and very unspoilt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-12-2018, 09:33 PM

I'd love to know how vaccinations which supposedly cause me to be smitten with illness have caused my illnesses which are mostly passed down to me from my grandmothers side of the family, genetics did that. What vaccinations have done is stopped me getting some really nasty things my genetics would bond with to kill me.

What I find funny is how anyone on forum never met me can diagnose me. My GP likes to take my blood pressure at least before he/she says anything other than hello how are you. They won't diagnose me by email.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd love to know how vaccinations which supposedly cause me to be smitten with illness have caused my illnesses which are mostly passed down to me from my grandmothers side of the family, genetics did that.
Nobody said vaccinations caused your illnesses.

What vaccinations have done is stopped me getting some really nasty things my genetics would bond with to kill me.
That's pure supposition on your part. No different from your misguided assumptions that because you haven't had the flu, that must be because you had a flu jab. This is where your emotional annecdotal stuff gets in the way or pure hard facts backed up by science and studies. It's shame you allow such emotions to cloud your rational judgement fo the facts.

What I find funny is how anyone on forum never met me can diagnose me.
Who has diagnosed you on the forum? Nobody that I can see. More sensational nonsense then.

My GP likes to take my blood pressure at least before he/she says anything other than hello how are you.
Yet the same GP won't discuss the flu vaccine ingredients with you nor will he/she volunteer the actual flu vaccine packet and its insert paper as a matter of course. He/she won't say to you "now madam you should first do your due diligence on the flu vaccine, read the available information and then decide how to proceed. Here are copies of the known facts, go away, read them and come back when you have digested them and if you still want the vaccine"

Still, as long as they take your blood pressure eh? . . . . .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-12-2018, 12:52 PM

My GP doesn't have time to even give the vaccine, it's done in clinic where we all line up and nurse jabs us. Most efficient.

All leaflets are available, I read them first year to check for allergens, nothing in them worried me. I've read a lot of what you post none of it worries me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top