Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 02:21 PM

Re: The result of 'austerity'

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Easy targets, but if you tax them too much they will simply not bother to continue in business.

That means redundancies and more people on benefits.

Why invest £100 million in a new business in the UK and have it taxed to death when you could invest the same money elsewhere and keep more profit.

We shop around for the cheapest gas and electric, they shop around for the lowest Tax.
Easier targets still those who are on benefit or paying PAYE tax where they have no choice but to pay their share of it,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Can you explain that Julie .

If you are on benefits how much PAYE do you pay ?

If you are not earning how can you pay tax ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 04:48 PM

In every system there are folks at the top and folks at the bottom, its the folks in the middle who, by and large sustain the system.
That is the way it is, and, conceivably will be for the near future, the discussion usually seems to be centred round individuals in the middle, trying to decide if they are lucky to be there or not.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

No I can't because you have not understood what I said at all.

If you are on paye you can't chose not to pay tax.

if you are on benefit they freeze or change your entitlements.

Totally separate concepts. I always forget you won't have had same experiences so have no idea what being on benefit or in a low paid job means.

People earning a lot can chose to put their earnings in various places so they don't pay as much tax, accountants can help them a lot.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:53 PM

Hi

Always been on PAYE so always paid.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-12-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Always been on PAYE so always paid.
Exactly most of us are it's the ones earning an awful lot who aren't. Mind self employed aren't on paye either and don't always do so well, so it's only the very well paid I'm thinking do it.

Personally I'd say anyone earning should pay some tax even on low pay part time work a pound or two would make us feel more part of the system. Each time they up the limit I think another lot of people leaving the system and feeling they are unattached and things are free. That's not good IMO
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:44 PM

I'm not sure how accurate the data in the link below is as it's just the first source that came up, but if this is the situation then there is something very wrong about corporation tax receipts being so low in relation to income tax and NIC. it's also risen far more slowly in value over the last few years. But PAYE etc is a sure thing. It's obviously far easier to rely on something that is automatically collected.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/4...sources-in-uk/
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Some social security benefits are TAXABLE, however the rates that they are paid means that they are way below the tax threshold.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Some social security benefits are TAXABLE, however the rates that they are paid means that they are way below the tax threshold.
Don't think your reply was anything to do with the post you quoted
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmmm - p*ssed again !!! - Go back and look and read more carefully when you're more sober !!!
So please explain why and when are benfits taxable.

I read what you post at least 5 times and its still rubbish.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top