Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 01:49 AM

Re: Japan resumes commercial whaling

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
While I don't like the idea of hunting whales, we should allow that it is a cultural thing. We had a Japanese student stay for one year with us while attending the local high school. She was in tears at the thought of those cute little lambs going to the meat works.
O poor thing a mere70 years ago her people were sending school boys off to fiery deaths as Kamikaze pilots!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:07 AM

But arnt whales an endangered species or in danger of becoming so? Wasn't that why there was a ban on catching them?

It's a cruel world...makes you want to become veggie.....says she who is going to a steak restaurant tonight.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:11 AM

Some whales are endangered the blue whale -the largest living thing ever to exist on the planet came to within a hairsbreath of extinction .
The Japanese say they will only kill certain species .
I don't believe them.
Once the animal is processed no one knows what it was .
Our greedy species is killing the oceans .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
But arnt whales an endangered species or in danger of becoming so? Wasn't that why there was a ban on catching them?

It's a cruel world...makes you want to become veggie.....says she who is going to a steak restaurant tonight.
That is the point isn't it summer. I don't like the idea of killing sheep either but understand why it is done but if they suddenly became endangered then we would have to stop.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is the point isn't it summer. I don't like the idea of killing sheep either but understand why it is done but if they suddenly became endangered then we would have to stop.
Good point LD

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top