Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 08:25 PM

Christmas present puppies

These unwanted puppies are being shoved out and sold on within days of them being given as unwanted Christmas presents!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/806728...ices-presents/

It is not only the fault of the half-wits who purchase them, it also shows up the totally irresponsible breeders (more than likely puppy farmers), who sell them without vetting people in the first place. Then thirdly, the 'new owner' who gets rid of them in such a way.

That tiny little life didn't ask for any of this. I despise them all.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:03 PM

Re: Christmas present puppies

I totally agree Mups. When any of our OES had pups we always planned the event so Christmas was not Involved, there is no way I would let any become Christmas Presents. I vetted everybody who enquired and I wasn't afraid to say no if I didn't think they were suitable. One of my neighbours at the time said to me, "you know Rox, it's easier to adopt a child than get a pup from you." Thinking back, I guess she was right.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:44 PM

I can not look at the link because my blood will boil

How anyone who hasn't done their homework be allowed to buy a pup and how anyone can produce a litter for sale is totally beyond me

Im nearly evangelical on forums where the thought of getting a pup is voiced

I pee people off but hey, as long as its humans being peed off and not pups and kittens being shunted about, I really don't care
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 10:01 PM

That is just so sad Mups. I would love to find that cretin who left his dog behind and cut his head off.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I can not look at the link because my blood will boil

How anyone who hasn't done their homework be allowed to buy a pup and how anyone can produce a litter for sale is totally beyond me

Im nearly evangelical on forums where the thought of getting a pup is voiced

I pee people off but hey, as long as its humans being peed off and not pups and kittens being shunted about, I really don't care
Neither can I.
They shouldn't be allowed to sell any animal at Christmas & puppy farms should be stopped. Most of those dogs never live long anyway, most have illness due to the way they've been bred & not looked after properly. Anyone who buys a dog from an advert & doesn't go look at it with at least it's Mother & siblings is a moron.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 12:58 AM

I felt so sad seeing that clip.
It didn't look like a Christmas puppy to me it was an older pup who knew his owner .
The poor little thing .
How could he do it to abandon it in the road in the night just like putting a little child out there .
Goodness me if you feel you have to abandon a dog leave it next to a dogs home to give it a half a chance .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Sickening that breeders sell dogs like this, most rescues close to rehoming in the month coming up to Christmas. Causes many problems so I can't see why breeders can't do the same.

Having said that we've bought dogs at Christmas in the past as it's been best time for us to puppy train as I had time off from work to do it. Worked well but was well planned and not one dog spent less than 13 years with us.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 10:42 AM

Because Breeders breed dogs to make money .
And puppies are often bought as Christmas presents .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I felt so sad seeing that clip.
It didn't look like a Christmas puppy to me it was an older pup who knew his owner .

The poor little thing .
How could he do it to abandon it in the road in the night just like putting a little child out there .
Goodness me if you feel you have to abandon a dog leave it next to a dogs home to give it a half a chance .

Are you getting two threads muddled up Muddy?

I think you might be talking about the dog chasing his after his owner's car in the other thread.
I agree with your sentiments entirely though, and as I said in the other thread, surely the bloke filming must have got his number plate?

Thing is, with cruelty there is so little deterrent until the law is altered.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

29-12-2018, 11:24 AM

It's from your link Mups the CCTV camera video

I was looking at the one where the man threw the bed down on the pavement and the poor little thing was jumping up at the car .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/806728...ices-presents/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top