Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

30-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Things People Said

Accused defending his own case...

Did you get a good look at my face when I grabbed your purse?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:03 AM

Re: Things People Said

"How do you know it was me that hit your car-it was dark!''
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:43 AM

I remember reading this somewhere it was from an insurance claim form......

I turned into the wrong drive by mistake when a tree jumped out and hit me. I don't have a tree there.

It tickled me....I can't remember the exact wording it was something like that though....I loved the idea of a tree able to jump
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

31-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I remember reading this somewhere it was from an insurance claim form......

I turned into the wrong drive by mistake when a tree jumped out and hit me. I don't have a tree there.

It tickled me....I can't remember the exact wording it was something like that though....I loved the idea of a tree able to jump
I seem to remember something like that one too - if you can't blame another person - blame an inanimate object !
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

31-12-2018, 12:22 PM

Lawyer ... How is your memory affected ?
Witness ... I forget things
Lawyer ... Can you give an example of something you've forgotten ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nan ->
Accused defending his own case...

Did you get a good look at my face when I grabbed your purse?
Haha, that reminds me of something I did at school. I very rarely played truant but after one occasion doing so I forged a letter from my Dad which read...

"Barry couldn't come to school yesterday because I wasn't very well" ....

Needless to say I was well rewarded for my letter with four strokes of the cane from the headmaster and a good slippering from my dad... I never truanted again after that though...
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

31-12-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Haha, that reminds me of something I did at school. I very rarely played truant but after one occasion doing so I forged a letter from my Dad which read...

"Barry couldn't come to school yesterday because I wasn't very well" ....

Needless to say I was well rewarded for my letter with four strokes of the cane from the headmaster and a good slippering from my dad... I never truanted again after that though...
Lol An easy - if costly - slip up to make

Now these days - the headmaster would get the sack and the chlld be whisked away from parents by social services !!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nan ->
Lol An easy - if costly - slip up to make

Now these days - the headmaster would get the sack and the chlld be whisked away from parents by social services !!
True Nan, but in those days we knew that we deserved what we got sometimes, and the lesson was certainly learnt...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:32 PM

Not really funny this one but when a motorist was quizzed by police for leaving his dog in the car in hot weather, he said 'I parked the car in the shade - It's not my fault if the shade moved.'
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

01-01-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not really funny this one but when a motorist was quizzed by police for leaving his dog in the car in hot weather, he said 'I parked the car in the shade - It's not my fault if the shade moved.'
The person did have a point - to some extent - but should have realized what would likely happen - and why take the dog anyway just to leave it in the car !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top