Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Frieda
Southeast USA
Frieda is female 

31-12-2018, 11:51 PM

Talk to the hand, I am not happy with you

This sweetie face was rehomed to me 15 days ago due to a change in life circumstances by her great owner.

She evidently got upset because I shut myself in the spare bedroom to hunt for some stuff.

Her smart-as-a-whip self very carefully managed to pick up a tube of prescription ointment, off the nightstand. There were many things on that night stand, but she took the small tube of ointment without disturbing anything else.

Howeverrrr, it is really difficult to stay upset with a face like this. This is also a "look" I do my best to avoid when I have food in my hand.

She is my fourth Rottweiler. iIt's been nine years since I laid #3 to rest with lymphoma. I also lost the first two to forms of cancer as well and said never again --- then a state trooper friend called and asked if I would consider bringing one more into my life.

<sigh>. I love all the dogs that have come into my life but it is Rottweilers who own the dog part of my soul --
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	8312

It must be my IPad -- I cannot get full pictures to post, regardless what forum I am on, and I also can only put one picture in each post -- blah

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 11:53 PM

Re: Talk to the hand, I am not happy with you

She looks a real Beauty Frieda. What's her name?
Frieda
Southeast USA
Frieda is female 

31-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
She looks a real Beauty Frieda. What's her name?
Her previous owner named her Freyja (Freeya) and I kept it. As fate would have it, my son and I named his first Rottweiler Odin.

Odin and Freyja were a married couple in Norse mythology.

The previous owner also gave me all of her papers. Upon researching, I discovered she is very (and I mean very distantly related to my son's Odin of 27 years ago.

Sometimes there's a bigger, and not understood, picture as to why things turn out the way they do
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 12:44 AM

Every now and then fate takes over and lends a hand. Sounds like this was one of those times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Frieda ->
This sweetie face was rehomed to me 15 days ago due to a change in life circumstances by her great owner.

She evidently got upset because I shut myself in the spare bedroom to hunt for some stuff.

Her smart-as-a-whip self very carefully managed to pick up a tube of prescription ointment, off the nightstand. There were many things on that night stand, but she took the small tube of ointment without disturbing anything else.

Howeverrrr, it is really difficult to stay upset with a face like this. This is also a "look" I do my best to avoid when I have food in my hand.

She is my fourth Rottweiler. iIt's been nine years since I laid #3 to rest with lymphoma. I also lost the first two to forms of cancer as well and said never again --- then a state trooper friend called and asked if I would consider bringing one more into my life.

<sigh>. I love all the dogs that have come into my life but it is Rottweilers who own the dog part of my soul --
Attachment 8312

It must be my IPad -- I cannot get full pictures to post, regardless what forum I am on, and I also can only put one picture in each post -- blah
Freida I just clicked on your picture and got an enormous copy come up. So anyone wanting to see this beauty bigger could do that.

She is absolutely gorgeous, used to know a lady had one of them and a nicer friendlier dog you would never find. It's a shame they got such a bad rep as people backed away and all she wanted was a tummy rub. Quite a stunner you have there, she's a lucky girl finding you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 11:26 AM

She's beautiful .
I had a Rottie once she was such a smashing dog .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 12:04 PM

It's always difficult to stay upset with our pets. When they put that little sad face on we just have to forgive them for everything. Sometimes I wish I could master the art and use it when I am in the dog house.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:27 PM

What a gorgeous dog - I love Rotties!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Sounds like she has got you pretty well trained already Frieda. Happy days.

She looks quite young, do you know her age?
Frieda
Southeast USA
Frieda is female 

01-01-2019, 06:03 PM

Thank you for all your compliments on Freyja

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sounds like she has got you pretty well trained already Frieda. Happy days.

She looks quite young, do you know her age?
Yes she does, lollol

I have her papers, she won't be two years until this coming March 23rd.p.

I feel terrible for the man who gave her up. He waited a year for her to be born. Took her to obedience school, kept UTD on vaccinations -- did everything right.

He and his wife now have four children ten and under

She home schools the two older ones and the man now works seven days a week

There became zero time for a big dog that requires a lot of attention.

I had him bring Freyja to our home so he could see where she would live and also see how she would interact with my two Catahoula/mixes. She is spayed and they are both neutered, so I figured they would all get along and they did.

The man spent a couple hours here watching Freyja play and chatting about how different things are from our home states up north vs where we now live in the south.

It was sad watching him leave behind the pup he had done such a great job raising. I have tried to keep Freyja busy, learning how to be a farm dog. If she hears a deep sounding truck go by, she immediately alerts so I know she is still waiting for her owner to pick her up from her "vacation"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top