Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 05:19 PM

Re: Luther is back

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I've never even heard of it......
I am glad I am not the only one
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am glad I am not the only one
Well, I rarely watch television. And most of what I do watch would bore the pants off most viewers.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 05:41 PM

I love it, just my kind of thing.

I'll be recording all 4 episodes then binge watching it.

Idris Elba....what's not to like

Luther is a brilliant but emotionally impulsive detective who is tormented by the dark side of humanity while hunting down murderers. Once the self-destructive detective knows the killer's identity, it becomes a psychological duel between predator and prey.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:05 PM

I watched it this morning. I have to record anything from 8pm onwards as I might suddenly be walking the dog.

I am a huge fan of the show. And I think the new DS (Halliday) is quite good.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 11:49 PM

Regarding the violence in this series, it seems it is not just me who doesn't like it.

In today's paper it says:

"They have received a raft of complaints over the latest series - which has featured 37 violent and gory incidents in just three hours.

"This week's first three episodes included 50 gunshots, 16 stabbings, 20 punches, five electrocutions, and 11 dead bodies."

Bit too much for me I'm afraid, sorry folks - inspite of the rather handsome Idris.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:34 AM

Gawd I felt as if I had been through a wringer when it finished.
I love Luther ....is Alice really gone? Is that the end of the series? Not sure how they can carry it on to be honest....please give Idris another prime time show if it is.....Wasn't he great in it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gawd I felt as if I had been through a ringer when it finished.
I love Luther ....is Alice really gone? Is that the end of the series? Not sure how they can carry it on to be honest....please give Idris another prime time show if it is.....Wasn't he great in it!
I just wish he would sort himself out. He virtually admitted that he loved Alice but come on,.... a serial killer and a copper? I suppose thinking about it, they are very similar but on opposing sides of the law. Having said that, he lost all hope when his wife was murdered and I don't think he cares whether he lives or dies.

I didn't think this series was up to the standard of 1 & 2 but watchable never the less.

ps. I thought Hermione Norris was brilliant in the part and somehow, she never looks any older.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Regarding the violence in this series, it seems it is not just me who doesn't like it.

In today's paper it says:

"They have received a raft of complaints over the latest series - which has featured 37 violent and gory incidents in just three hours.

"This week's first three episodes included 50 gunshots, 16 stabbings, 20 punches, five electrocutions, and 11 dead bodies."

Bit too much for me I'm afraid, sorry folks - inspite of the rather handsome Idris.
Yes Mups, all the series have been quite violent. I suppose it is more of a horror story.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I just wish he would sort himself out. He virtually admitted that he loved Alice but come on,.... a serial killer and a copper? I suppose thinking about it, they are very similar but on opposing sides of the law. Having said that, he lost all hope when his wife was murdered and I don't think he cares whether he lives or dies.

I didn't think this series was up to the standard of 1 & 2 but watchable never the less.

ps. I thought Hermione Norris was brilliant in the part and somehow, she never looks any older.
I'm on my iPhone so I can't post a clip maybe I will later but I can't get the song Alice by Smokie out of my head now....especially when it was doctored by Chubby Brown.....Who the f... is Alice....I'll post it later it will make you laugh.....hopefully
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-01-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm on my iPhone so I can't post a clip maybe I will later but I can't get the song Alice by Smokie out of my head now....especially when it was doctored by Chubby Brown.....Who the f... is Alice....I'll post it later it will make you laugh.....hopefully
Ha! I know the song you mean summer and laughing just thinking about it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top