Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 11:06 AM

Re: Now that China has landed a probe on the moon....

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd like to know why we are sending foreign aid to countries that are, or soon will be, ahead of us in the economic stature, notably China and India.

I'd also like to know why we continue to send foreign aid to a number of countries which we know for certain treat their inhabitants unfairly and divert our money to their rulers for their own personal benefit.

Most of all, I'd like to know why we continue to send foreign aid anywhere when we are in great need ourselves. I am thinking especially of our underfunded NHS and our dismally inadequate transport infrastructure.

The only logical reasons I can think of are our yearning to keep on good terms with countries around the world, especially when we shall be looking for trading partners after Brexit.

That was my thinking too, a bit like buying our friends although we have been sending Aid for a lot longer than the Brexit result.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Weren't we sending India £280m even after they said they didn't want it anymore?
Yes, apparently it was described as 'peanuts.'
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, apparently it was described as 'peanuts.'
Peanuts would buy a new hospital building.

I'd love to see our glorious leaders spending some of their peanuts on us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
How long before we see rice fields on the moon
Long way to go for a sweet and sour take-away!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 07:30 PM

China wants to compete with the rest of the world and beyond at the expense of it's own people. I once lived there - they can be fast ; effective and brutal and get to where they want to be! However they still want to 'borrow' technologies from the west via the WWW because there are still behind not alongside or in front!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top