Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 10:17 AM

Re: The Great People's Vote "Charade"

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Strange how Remainers are always eager to accuse Brexiteers of lies. How about this one?

A March demanding a second EU Referendum was attended by around a third of the number claimed by organisers, an official estimate revealed yesterday.

The people's vote, which campaigned for a national poll on the terms of the UK's departure from the EU, said more than 700,000 joined the rally in October.

But a document from the Greater London Authority put the figure at just 250,000. Tory backbencher Anne-Marie Trevelyan said: Leaving the EU was an option on the ballot paper that attracted more votes than any referendum or politician in our history". "The People's Vote would do well to remember that!".

Talk about embellishing figures!

If there is no Brexit, or a second referendum, then you will witness what a March of many will look like!

Yes, yes, yes, we all know that the authorities try to play down the numbers of protesters , they've been doing so for many years. Very noticeable during the first Miners strike when Heath was premier, and continued ever since.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes, yes, yes, we all know that the authorities try to play down the numbers of protesters , they've been doing so for many years. Very noticeable during the first Miners strike when Heath was premier, and continued ever since.
Would that be Sadiq Kahn with this being in London and all that ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Strange how Remainers are always eager to accuse Brexiteers of lies. How about this one?

A March demanding a second EU Referendum was attended by around a third of the number claimed by organisers, an official estimate revealed yesterday.

The people's vote, which campaigned for a national poll on the terms of the UK's departure from the EU, said more than 700,000 joined the rally in October.

But a document from the Greater London Authority put the figure at just 250,000. Tory backbencher Anne-Marie Trevelyan said: Leaving the EU was an option on the ballot paper that attracted more votes than any referendum or politician in our history". "The People's Vote would do well to remember that!".

Talk about embellishing figures!

If there is no Brexit, or a second referendum, then you will witness what a March of many will look like!
I agree. We ain't seen nothin' yet!

Incidentally, a couple of members are noticeable by their absence here. I wonder where they are.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Would that be Sadiq Kahn with this being in London and all that ?

Sadiq Khan was not the author of the document.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sadiq Khan was not the author of the document.
Didn't think he would be ... he does nothing
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Didn't think he would be ... he does nothing
He talks a lot and goes on jaunts!
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Just been watching Parliament there are about 60 want to leave the EU all the rest want to stay and thats the problem

It does not matter how many referendums we have until it fall the remainers way they will scupper everything regardless of the consequences

As has been said many times on here the politicians are crap and do not listen to their constituents

I remember years ago when tuition fees for students were being brought in there was a loop hole that overseas students did not have to pay VAT and some unis were even avertising the fact

My wife who at the time worked for Leeds uni in the fees department and had to implement the new rules wrote to our MP pointing out this loop hole he replied to her telling her as a woman she should not be worrying her little head about such things luckily others listened to her and the rules were changed

This highlights just how useless our MP's are so if they can't be bothered with internal affairs god help us in the big wide world
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-01-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Just been watching Parliament there are about 60 want to leave the EU all the rest want to stay and thats the problem

It does not matter how many referendums we have until it fall the remainers way they will scupper everything regardless of the consequences

As has been said many times on here the politicians are crap and do not listen to their constituents

I remember years ago when tuition fees for students were being brought in there was a loop hole that overseas students did not have to pay VAT and some unis were even avertising the fact

My wife who at the time worked for Leeds uni in the fees department and had to implement the new rules wrote to our MP pointing out this loop hole he replied to her telling her as a woman she should not be worrying her little head about such things luckily others listened to her and the rules were changed

This highlights just how useless our MP's are so if they can't be bothered with internal affairs god help us in the big wide world
Absolutely.

Our biggest problem is not the EU, but our own MPs.

Perhaps they're hoping that by the time the next general election comes along, we will all have forgotten about their anti-democratic decisions.

I won't, and I suspect that most other Brexiteers won't either. I have already written to my MP personally to say as much.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Hi

We have had a vote and voted to leave.

Both the Government and Labour agreed to abide by that decision.

It is just plain wrong to ignore a free and democratic vote.

The problem is that the Politicians on both side are just that, playing Politics instead of getting the job done.

We are in a mess of our Politicians making.

The Prime Minister has just suffered another defeat in Parliament.

I am totally against a No Deal, I cannot accept Theresa May's Deal, it keeps us in the EU indefinitely.

I am fed up with the entire fiasco.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-01-2019, 04:36 PM

I have to say that I am fed up with hearing about a 'no deal' being impossible to contemplate.

Why?

We could trade with the world under WTO rules and, in the meantime, formulate and agree trade deals with them.

It is NOT an impossible or an 'unthinkable' option.

Moreover, it is what 17.4 million people voted for.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top