Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:33 PM

Re: Waltham Forest stabbing: Moped crash boy, 14, killed

Don't be so childish Julie we are grown ups .
You are entitled to your opinion but if I think it is a load of tosh I shall say so .
Normally I try to be diplomatic but sometimes things have to said as they are
Jeez.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:35 PM

Well seems I'm not alone then in my thoughts on this. I do wish muddy luck in taking down cressida she seems a tough enough woman to fight her corner better than me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Yea Gods do you never stop playing the victim Julie ?
It's a blooming discussion !
What a stupid remark
Go and take on Cressida Dick
Do you not realise what a childish comment that was?

No I don't buy it .
I know loads of middle class people and I simply don't belive they are all the cause of drug related crime .
I certainly take with a ton of salt anything that is said by the Independant.
The Guardian has its own issues with the Middle classes and the police should be making more of an effort to catch drug dealers instead of blaming it on everyone else .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:50 PM

So even the police are wrong and you are right, that really is some ego.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

12-01-2019, 10:11 PM

You are darn right the police are SOMETIMES wrong .
They are only human and therefore make mistakes .
Cressida Dick gave the order to shoot an innocent man seven times in the head so excuse me if I don't take her words as gospel .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:29 PM

Jaden Moodie’s murder: criminals targeting children

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eting-children

Jaden’s relatives have strongly criticised media coverage, and denied that their boy with a “huge heart” was linked to gangs. The officer investigating warned that people are quick to leap to judgment.

Whatever lies behind this case, the upsurge of violence and carrying of weapons by men such as Jaden’s killers is a cause for concern, and a phenomenon that experts link to the criminal gangs that control drugs sales. Research commissioned by Waltham Forest council last year argued that such organisations have become more professional over the past decade, with a focus on profit taking the place of the territorial and postcode disputes of the past – although the latter have not gone away.

The use of children as junior salespeople and mules is increasingly recognised as one aspect of a business model that relies on making deals in areas beyond a gang’s home turf. Last year 32 out of 45 police forces reported an increase in violence they linked to networks known as “county lines”, after the phone lines used to place orders. Public as well as official awareness that such illegal businesses exist is growing. Last year’s conviction of Birmingham drug dealer Zakaria Mohammed was significant because he was charged with modern slavery as well as drugs offences, and sentenced not just for selling drugs but also for abusing the children he turned into dealers.

Last year one report made a comparison with sexual exploitation, and the time it took to recognise the grooming of vulnerable girls. Such patterns must not be repeated. If and when children are found to be involved with drugs or other organised criminal activity, and even if they don’t see themselves as victims, their vulnerability must not be disregarded. Children must be treated as children before they are treated as offenders.
A point of view I agree with - the real criminals have yet to be identified, let alone apprehended and charged .....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Jaden Moodie’s murder: criminals targeting children

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eting-children

A point of view I agree with - the real criminals have yet to be identified, let alone apprehended and charged .....
He was also a real criminal. Dealing drugs, carrying a knife, and there was also a photo of him posing with a gun.
He was not a 5 year old. Many of us on here had full time jobs at 15. People should stop playing his actions down due to his age - he was a nasty piece of work.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
He was also a real criminal. Dealing drugs, carrying a knife, and there was also a photo of him posing with a gun.
He was not a 5 year old. Many of us on here had full time jobs at 15. People should stop playing his actions down due to his age - he was a nasty piece of work.
You are, of course, entitled to an opinion, however misinformed .....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
You are, of course, entitled to an opinion, however misinformed .....
Prey tell how I'm misinformed?
Which part is untrue?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

19-01-2019, 02:57 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46932586

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder by police investigating the death of 14-year-old Jaden Moodie.

The Metropolitan Police said it arrested the 18-year-old suspect at an address in Wembley, north-west London.

Murder detectives said they were continuing to look for others involved in the attack.
Maybe a development, maybe not .....

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top