Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:37 PM

Re: Andy Murray -

I’m glad he has decided to retire as selfishly I want memories of the Andy Murray glory days, not the painful sight of a broken sporting hero .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
For anyone interested enough, there's a programme about him on Channel 5 at 6:30pm. It refers to him as a 'hero'.
I thought someone said he was a tennis player? Hardly heroic.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Lovely to see some empathy on this toxic thread.
When you're in control of when to walk away from doing something that you love that's one thing.
Even then it can break your heart.

But after major surgery when its your body letting you down and you're in a great deal of pain, and facing yet more surgery, and it's not your decision or your choice, it must feel devastating.
If that's the case then why the hell is he playing in the Australian Open.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 06:54 AM

I must admit I also find his constant greeting (crying) and whinging a bit over the top, take his knighthood away for this unseemly behaviour.
I have heard him compared to Federer and Djokovic, he was never efer as good and nefer would have been, don't get me wrong I do not detract from his acheivements but he was only a good tennis never and not a great tennis player.

But he is a young man, worth a few bob so many many doors are open to him unlike us poor slobs who find that injury has robbed us of our income and we gave to run the gauntlet of the benefit system.

What happened to sportsmen that they feel that crying is the way to go, get a bloody grip?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If your entire life has centred around your expertise in a particular field then...
Hitting a ball with a stick and some string isn't important enough to blub over on national TV. So he can't do it any more? I couldn't really care less.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:27 AM

A bit tough you men on poor Andy .
He is one of the greats in tennis and a few tears is not a reason to remove his knighthood .

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rting-grown-up
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What part of my text is wrong, Joe? I never even mentioned his brother!

The bit I highlighted !!!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:28 AM

After watching AM over the years and his continual blubbing when he wins loses in interviews etc etc it seems to me that he needs some professional counselling.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:29 AM

What a drama queen... he has led a charmed life, he's done nothing but played a game he loved and made millions doing it. No doubt he will continue to make more millions in the future from some sort of connection to the sport so what's his problem? He has a hurty hip so didums then, millions of us have hurty hips we we don't all go on the tv to bleat about it, give yourself a slap man there are worse things happen in the world which you will never get an inkling of.

And what's all this about the big girls blouse having a cuddle from his mum to make him feel better, I thought he was grown up and married ? What a spoiled brat he's turned out to be.... pathetic...
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Yep I have a hurty hip and have many sleepless nights but I don't blub over it I get on with my life or what's left of it.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top