Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: Andy Murray -

There you go, plenty of people having a go at Andy on here. As usual it's Floydy who gets the berating for it though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
If that is in response to me, Julie, I never said I was brought up to 'keep emotions in' - just not to exhibit them in public.
It wasn't for anyone in particular just the stiff upper lip posters generally. It's not good for men to keep it all in, women are freer to let it out and better for it IMO
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It wasn't for anyone in particular just the stiff upper lip posters generally. It's not good for men to keep it all in, women are freer to let it out and better for it IMO
I agree, but some blokes hate to bottle things up too and let it play on their minds. I hate doing it, it drives me spare and I have to get it out of my system. I like having a clear, empty head at all times
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Depends on what you let it all out for and how many times you do it. Unlike you Julie, I find Andrew Murray a shallow self absorbed sort of person. He doesn't know how lucky he is.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The sight of Andy Murray snivelling on TV is enough to make you puke
What happened to Scottish stoicism ?
FGS man up man .
You are not dying you are just not going to play high level tennis anymore .
Thank you Muddy! I thought I must be the only one who felt the same as you, Having to endure watching him and listening to the same words of every television pundit who was devastated at the news, showing the same tv shot of him blubbing in front of the camera and having to listen to them say "Who could not fail to be moved by the tears of Andy Murray?"

Well here was one! All I could keep saying out loud was "For goodness sake, how nauseating, Man Up!"
Anyone would think he had just lost someone close to him or received news of something so awful it was life changing. Not just the fact that after years of playing tennis, it was time to put a different coloured pair of shorts on in future.

And isn't this the same Andy Murray, who said: "I support anyone that England are playing against!"
He certainly hasn't done bad for himself, by having a talent and playing on English soil, has he? a reported £100ml to date, with more to come.
He certainly has no worries about ever being out of job!!

It was embarrassing to watch!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:22 PM

And isn't this the same Andy Murray, who said: "I support anyone that England are playing against!"
He certainly hasn't done bad for himself, by having a talent and playing on English soil, has he? a reported £100ml to date, with more to come.

Yes this is the same AM who has earned most of his money on English soil
Trained in England, married a lovely English rose who gave him two lovely children. yes he has lots to cry about my arse...!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->

Trained in England, married a lovely English rose who gave him two lovely children. yes he has lots to cry about my arse...!
A link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...y-8142475.html

To this scum bag.

Cannot find the link broadcast on Channel 4 where he stated "I am not british I am playing for Scotland"
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A bit tough you men on poor Andy .
He is one of the greats in tennis and a few tears is not a reason to remove his knighthood .

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rting-grown-up
His mother thinks very highly of him, odd that there has been no comments from the wife though
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->

The same one we say was Scottish when he lost and British when he won. I always think people can support who they like in sports and if Scots dislike us well it's a long long history of us not behaving very nicely to them really. Almost comedic dislike at this point in time, cartoon like.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-01-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Depends on what you let it all out for and how many times you do it. Unlike you Julie, I find Andrew Murray a shallow self absorbed sort of person. He doesn't know how lucky he is.
He has to give up due to pain, I think that's worthy of a tear or two. But that's just me I guess.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top