Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Re: Breaking News

Well, the way I see it, and I hope I am wrong, if the UK MEPs are convinced they have been summoned (in their words) to hear a "bombshell announcement", we should be worried.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, the way I see it, and I hope I am wrong, if the UK MEPs are convinced they have been summoned (in their words) to hear a "bombshell announcement", we should be worried.
Hi

The thing to remember is this.

May can no longer do what she wants.

She does not have a majority in Parliament and following recent events Parliament have now got control of the process.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
If Theresa May cannot deliver Brexit as promised on the agreed date, then she should resign and accept it. We do.

As for the EU, they would be only too willing to accept an extension of Article 50 in the hope it will lead to time for either a general election or second referendum.

As for 17.4 million leave voters, plus many more now I would think, if she extends, the Conservative Party is as good as dead.
I think that might be the overall plan, SG.

TM delays the vote as long as possible and then, dramatically, resigns.

That leaves us with having to install a new leader - with all that entails - and nothing happens, Brexitwise, for anything up to a year.

There would be no vote - no leaving on the date - and lots of meetings for the rest of 2019 to get us back to where we started.

I suggest we call it "Groundhogs Days"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top