Join for free
Page 7 of 44 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 11:02 AM

Re: Up The Garden Path

Ain't had a sudden bout of laziness, had to get the Plasterboarding done in readiness for the Plasterers arrival (been called off till this Friday). Last Friday, I went and retrieved my lent out Wheelbarrow and found the tyre had been trashed (along with the Inner Tube) so, ordered a new pair of items off Ebay, due this week. Not to be stopped in my tracks I thought, why not get my Stack Truck, put a Tote Bin on it, and start transporting the couple of tonnes of ballast, from front to back to relive the burden later in the week, thwarted again, puncture in one Inner Tube, new one is only £4.50 so, not worth buying a puncture repair kit which would cost about the same.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:21 AM

25% done, that took two hours, so it will take another six hours to complete, not today though.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2020, 07:33 AM

Hal way there, think the Shed is coming on Monday.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 07:56 PM

All that looks like a lot of hard graft Spitty, fair play to your taking it on, sooner you than me, but then I wouldn’t have a clue where to start and what to use.
I salute you young man.

We had the plumbers in earlier today, they had to take the old air conditioner away, it was a heavy old thing and it took four of them to carry it out, the driver told me that in this new company they are very health and safety conscious.

“There is no flexibility in Stiff Nipples” says he “So we have to work in pairs— two a breast”

Strange name for a company, I thought maybe the boss could be a posh lady who likes to keep a stiff upper nipple, her men seem to give her full support in this which is nice.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 12:00 PM

Looking good spit. It's good that the weather isn't hot, not only to work in but in terms of the concrete not drying out too quickly.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-07-2020, 12:07 PM

Stiff Nipples, with a name like that the business could go Tits Up and end up Bust.

Talking about Tits up, this is todays offering, I'm having to do Eighth sections in case it rains and so can stay aBreast of the situation.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Stiff Nipples, with a name like that the business could go Tits Up and end up Bust.

Talking about Tits up, this is todays offering, I'm having to do Eighth sections in case it rains and so can stay aBreast of the situation.

Glad you got that off your chest, Spitty

A good thread this, I enjoy following your project
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 02:23 PM

Interesting that you didn't put some pieces of metal along the edges to tie the pads together. Just saying
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-07-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Interesting that you didn't put some pieces of metal along the edges to tie the pads together. Just saying
No Rebar in this, the ground is completely stable, believe it or not, there is a slab plinth going on top of the concrete plinth to the dimensions of the Metal Shed to keep it above the water runoff point, that will give a 4"base.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-07-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No Rebar in this, the ground is completely stable, believe it or not, there is a slab plinth going on top of the concrete plinth to the dimensions of the Metal Shed to keep it above the water runoff point, that will give a 4"base.
Okeydokey - was just over-engineering it

Remember when I had to underpin a 20' high wall. Had to run rebars tied together through the whole length (about 60'), pouring concrete in sections before digging out between the pads (which was made harder due to the rebars we'd hammered into it!!).

Page 7 of 44 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top