Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 03:55 PM

Re: Curious questions we never ask

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
As for swear words, many of today's swear words have their origins in history. The word for female genitalia, for example, dates back to Roman times at least. Here's the etymology of the F word. Interesting stuff when you find out where to look for explanations.
Links not working ..... seemingly because they have been censored .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Links not working ..... seemingly because they have been censored .....
I've found a way round it. If you type in the 4 letter word in the search field and click on the magnifying glass thingy, it will take you to the etymology.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:13 PM

Was Cilla Black?
Was Barry White?
Was Marvin Gay?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Why do Atheists get married in church.
I can only answer this one from personal experience, because I did.

Why? Because I like organ music.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can only answer this one from personal experience, because I did.

Why? Because I like organ music.

Yes, we've attended a few weddings, where bride or/and groom were/are atheists, but still they had big church weddings.

Did ask one friend why, as he and his wife to be then were both atheists, and they had a huge bash....

He said the church wedding was to keep the in laws happy.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Was Cilla Black?
Was Barry White?
Was Marvin Gay?

I know Teressa Green..

well the leaves are.
marciniak
wales uk

02-07-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Surely we'd do what our ancient forebears did and watched what the other animals were eating?

As for swear words, many of today's swear words have their origins in history. The word for female genitalia, for example, dates back to Roman times at least. Here's the etymology of the F word. Interesting stuff when you find out where to look for explanations.

I'm sure you're right Percy..

Thank you for that link, I find this kind of information interesting. I know I'm sad
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:53 PM

My wife’s aunt and uncle had a friend who’s brother worked for Prince Charles, he was a show jumper and I assume worked with horses for Charles, he used to f and blind in front of him and apparently Charlie boy loved it, made him laugh
Toffeeman55
East Yorkshire UK
Toffeeman55 is male 

05-07-2020, 03:09 AM

The greatest curious question asker:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	f008c082504b2814be01415648e00123.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	13130  
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:25 PM

Am red/green colour blind. A friend once asked me "so when you see a red ball, do you see the real red?"

My reply of "how the fook would I know?" didn't satisfy him.

Indeed, as the conversation continued and we talked about how some people physically cannot see the colour red at all, he was adamant that this would mean that if such a person watched a Man Utd football game, all they would see would be heads, arms and legs. Sort of like when someone takes off the invisibility cloak in Harry Potter films, their bodies would seem transparent.

For reasons I needn't go into, he failed the aptitude tests required to allow him to enter the teaching profession

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top