Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 10:26 AM

Re: 'Where is Priti Patel?'

The real question should be where is Sadiq Kahn
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Latest report is that she and another two Cabinet members are due to lose their places in a forthcoming reshuffle because they did not follow the instruction from No 10 to tweet their support for Dominic Cummings. Will be interesting to see if this proves accurate.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Latest report is that she and another two Cabinet members are due to lose their places in a forthcoming reshuffle because they did not follow the instruction from No 10 to tweet their support for Dominic Cummings. Will be interesting to see if this proves accurate.
Ah, so good news, bad news .....

Priti's getting sacked:
  • Good, because, IMO, she's not up to the job
  • Bad, because her replacement could be even more incompetent
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 05:02 PM

Thugs who tarnished BLM protests will be treated with ‘complete severity’, warns Priti Patel

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/118111...-severity-blm/

The Home Secretary today vowed to hand out severe penalties to those who hurled fireworks and other objects at cops during the unrest at the anti-racism protest in Whitehall.

Speaking in the Commons, Ms Patel promised everyone who attacked the officers would be prosecuted.

She said: “We strongly support the right to protest peacefully but that does not extend to the violent behaviour we have witnessed across the country throughout the weekend.

“When it comes to any assault on our brave police that is unacceptable.

“Any perpetrator should be in no doubt they will be arrested and prosecuted.

“This Government will go even further as we have committed to consult on doubling the sentence for an assault on an emergency worker so the penalty really fits the crime.”

Ms Patel revealed 135 arrests had been made so far, and insisted they were "already being brought to justice."
Blimey, showing her face in the chamber AND talking the talk .....

Will wonders never cease .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:15 PM

Priti rises to the occasion.

Full coverage of today's BLM debate in the HoC. Wind on to 2min:33sec to see a Labour MP try to take the moral high ground.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

09-06-2020, 11:41 AM

Quarantine rules criticised as Priti Patel says they ‘were not my plan’

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/co...i-patel-441481

New rules forcing travellers to the UK to go into quarantine for 14 days came under renewed attack as Home Secretary Priti Patel claimed the measures were “not my plan”.

Police chiefs said they expected officers to have a “limited role” in enforcing the rules, with forces advised that even when a suspected breach is committed there should be “no further action” taken.

The rules, which came into force on Monday, require anyone arriving in the UK, with exemptions for some health workers and those from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, to declare where they will be isolating for two weeks or face fines of up to £1,000.

But a leaked Home Office document revealed that there was no way of officials verifying whether their declaration was genuine.

The Home Secretary has admitted: “First of all, this is not my plan. This is a Government plan and Government policy, and I think in terms of the approach that has been taken, the Government has maintained throughout this pandemic that medical and scientific advice in terms of border measures are consistent and are now being applied.”
Ah, so Priti is just a mouthpiece for "the government" - I thought her performance in the chamber was too good to be true - she's just reading from government-supplied scripts .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Quarantine rules criticised as Priti Patel says they ‘were not my plan’

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/co...i-patel-441481

Ah, so Priti is just a mouthpiece for "the government" - I thought her performance in the chamber was too good to be true - she's just reading from government-supplied scripts .....
Never heard of Cabinet Collective Responsibility?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

30-10-2020, 03:14 PM

Priti Patel refuses to rule out second Covid lockdown for England

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...wn-for-england

The home secretary, Priti Patel, has refused to rule out another national lockdown in England as more than 2.3 million people in West Yorkshire prepare to enter the strictest tier of restrictions on Monday.

Asked on Thursday whether she would rule out another national lockdown, Patel said: “Well, I think at this stage, of course we can rule nothing out because we are a government that is focused on making sure that we stop the spread of this virus, and also we protect public health. So we have been using, and we are using, and we will continue to use, every single means available to us to do exactly that.”
Blimey, who's rattled her cage .....

During the last lockdown, "Useless" was noted for her absence and lack of comment .....

Mind you, she's just reading from the government script - cosy .....

With new cases now running at over 50,000 a day, the government approach has been singularly unsuccessful in using "every single means" .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Priti Patel refuses to rule out second Covid lockdown for England

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...wn-for-england

Blimey, who's rattled her cage .....

During the last lockdown, "Useless" was noted for her absence and lack of comment .....

Mind you, she's just reading from the government script - cosy .....

With new cases now running at over 50,000 a day, the government approach has been singularly unsuccessful in using "every single means" .....
Funny, that. I would have said that the chaotic behaviour by this awful virus combined with the selfishness and bloody stupidity of Joe Public, especially kids is the reason for the singularly unsuccessful management of this GLOBAL PANDEMIC.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Funny, that. I would have said that the chaotic behaviour by this awful virus combined with the selfishness and bloody stupidity of Joe Public, especially kids is the reason for the singularly unsuccessful management of this GLOBAL PANDEMIC.
OohH no!

Didn't you know?
It's all the government's fault - especially some bloke called Boris and this woman Priti (probably the result of more than a touch of jealousy).

Never mind that it is a GLOBAL PANDEMIC which is still knocking economies for six all around the world.
No, It's that Boris and Patel wotz to blame.
Obvs innit.

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top