Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:00 PM

What best to put in a dog garden planter

Yesterday I bought a small garden planter designed to look like a Westie. Now I have the small problem of what to put in it.

Any ideas please?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsr...EW&pie=plaji-i
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:10 PM

Re: What best to put in a dog garden planter

Ah that's cute, Jazzi.

As the dog is laying down and not very tall, I personally would use some fairly low growing flowers so they don't overpower the ornament itself.
I think Geraniums/Pelagoniums and Petunias would be too tall.

I absolutely love the garden Pinks.
They come in so many gorgeous colours, and sizes and the perfume is out of this world.
If you sat and had your cuppa next to these, the perfume would all waft up to you.

I take it there is a drainage hole underneath? Because Pinks like a gritty compost that drains easily, they don't like sitting with wet roots.

These people have some beauties. Have a look at their display of colours:

https://www.whetmanpinks.com/alpine-pinks/

I would choose a 'strong colour' like perhaps a bright red, or maybe a shocking pink, because white or pale colours might blend in with the grey doggy too much.

Best of luck, hope you find what you are looking for.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:16 PM

I'd put some dog biscuits in there meself .. a furry critter might like a snack when ambling in the garden.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:40 PM

BONES

Simples
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 07:44 PM

Personally I would put Chives in him.

Okay, no pretty flowers.... Just green blades growing straight up, no overhang means your Westie Ornament will be on full display.... plus you'll always have Chives to go in your scrambled eggs
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Personally I would put Chives in him.

Okay, no pretty flowers.... Just green blades growing straight up, no overhang means your Westie Ornament will be on full display.... plus you'll always have Chives to go in your scrambled eggs

That's quite a good idea Marciniak, except they will grow to perhaps 14/15" high, then the flowers on top of that, but I do quite like the idea of herbs, just shorter ones perhaps.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:37 PM

Chives have lovely purple flowers .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yesterday I bought a small garden planter designed to look like a Westie. Now I have the small problem of what to put in it.

Any ideas please?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsr...EW&pie=plaji-i
A dog???
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:46 PM

A dog rose??
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:03 PM

Dog Daisies......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top