Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 07:37 AM

What are these?

I have forgotten what I planted in that tub...they must be at least 6 ft fall and still growing?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2CA57D1-CF78-455C-8D44-1AB329F75C74.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	12855  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:07 AM

Re: What are these?

Bamboo?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:09 AM

Have you tried cutting or rubbing a leaf to see what smell it has. The only thing near to that in my back n front gardens are spring onion that have gone to seed like the seed pods that are on top of yours.
Or the irritation of my life in the front are garlic that sprout up under the webbing/pebbles beneath my drive .

I keep pulling them out on a regular basis but they still keep returning.
But on both counts they are no where near as tall as the plant in the picture.

Guess you are gonna have to wait to see what comes out of those seed pods.
Could be Triffids..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Bamboo?

Not bamboo tabs...but must admit I am going to buy some...not the invasive type though...thanks for answering
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-06-2020, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Have you tried cutting or rubbing a leaf to see what smell it has. The only thing near to that in my back n front gardens are spring onion that have gone to seed like the seed pods that are on top of yours.
Or the irritation of my life in the front are garlic that sprout up under the webbing/pebbles beneath my drive .

I keep pulling them out on a regular basis but they still keep returning.
But on both counts they are no where near as tall as the plant in the picture.

Guess you are gonna have to wait to see what comes out of those seed pods.
Could be Triffids..

Spring onions.....I’m sure I planted flowers in that tub...

“Triffids” you got me thinking now.

Thanks for answering...LF.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:39 AM

Hi

I use this.

It is an app,.

Take a photo and it tells you what it is.

Picture this on Google Playstore.

It is free.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:40 AM

They're Aliums Pauline. They look like pompoms when out, probably purple though there's lots of different types and sizes. I'm waiting for my "Firework" ones to come out. Google them, then you'll remember which you planted.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They're Aliums Pauline. They look like pompoms when out, probably purple though there's lots of different types and sizes. I'm waiting for my "Firework" ones to come out. Google them, then you'll remember which you planted.
I agree with Tessa the 'domes' on the top look like alium plants .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-06-2020, 05:38 PM

Thank you SF.Tess.Meg.....yes they are Allium....wahooo.......can’t wait for them to finally come out and show themselves.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-06-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

I actually remember “now”. buying them.....will post another pic when they show themselves....can you post a pic of your allium.Tess...when they come out...fireworks sounds very colourful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top