Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 11:53 PM

Re: Have You Ever Frozen Eggs?

Just googled it Art, and apparently you've done it right, and raw eggs can be kept frozen for up to one year.
I never knew that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just googled it Art, and apparently you've done it right, and raw eggs can be kept frozen for up to one year.
I never knew that.
Mups, l had never heard that you could do that, before.
It’s great as l can freeze them whilst fresh and not have to dump them when they became too old.
They will be ideal for cakes. Or, for making ice cream and meringues if l separate the white from the yolk.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 08:41 AM

I think Art has been ignoring the distancing rules .

I remember Delia Smith once freezing eggs in those plastic egg boxes they uses to come in....she lined the box with cling film .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you ever frozen eggs?
I have had loads of eggs lately. My daughters had some and l keep eating egg sandwiches with either cress, watercress or chives.
There’s only so many eggs you can eat, so l decided to freeze some of them..
l didn’t think it was possible to freeze eggs but l googled it and you can!
I didn’t freeze them in their shells! I whisked each egg slightly first then poured each into a greased muffin tin or deep patty tin.
l then placed the tin in the freezer. When the eggs were frozen, l removed them from the tin and placed the frozen eggs in a plastic container and returned them to the freezer.

I will use my eggs when defrosted for cakes or have them scrambled.
Frozen?
Not frozen but something like it with something like a kind of glass with immersed in liquid. I'll get it in time........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think Art has been ignoring the distancing rules .

I remember Delia Smith once freezing eggs in those plastic egg boxes they uses to come in....she lined the box with cling film .

Summer, That’s a good idea, using the plastic containers. I will have to remember that for another time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Frozen?
Not frozen but something like it with something like a kind of glass with immersed in liquid. I'll get it in time........
Besoeker, That sounds interesting. If you find it or remember it, please add it here.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you ever frozen eggs?
I have had loads of eggs lately. My daughters had some and l keep eating egg sandwiches with either cress, watercress or chives.
There’s only so many eggs you can eat, so l decided to freeze some of them..
l didn’t think it was possible to freeze eggs but l googled it and you can!
I didn’t freeze them in their shells! I whisked each egg slightly first then poured each into a greased muffin tin or deep patty tin.
l then placed the tin in the freezer. When the eggs were frozen, l removed them from the tin and placed the frozen eggs in a plastic container and returned them to the freezer
p
I will use my eggs when defrosted for cakes or have them scrambled.

Hi Art, yes, I often freeze eggs. I first got this tip off the internet quite a few years ago.

I usually get two trays of eggs a month from my hairdresser (husband is a farmer). Goodness, I've forgotten what she looks like!

Because the eggs are so fresh and I want them to stay that way each time I use them, I usually wipe them all with a damp cloth first, then get a couple of my 12-hole muffin tins and spray them, with a little oil (I have about 5 so no problem), I crack an egg into each of the holes in the first muffin tin, and in the second tin I do half the tray with just yolks and the other half with just the whites. I do a lot of baking and this is really handy.

when I have two muffin tins full I then whisk each full egg or yolks only lightly, then cover with cling film and pop them into our chest freezer for a few hours until they are frozen enough. I then take them out of the muffin tins and place them in ziplock freezer bags, get all the air out the bags and pop them into my kitchen freezer. To defrost them, I just take out what I need, place them in a bowl and let them defrost overnight. They are perfect and taste as good as the day I colllected them.

They can be frozen for up to one year if done this way. One thing I am never short of during this time are eggs!
Mind you, my frozen eggs are never kept longer than a couple of months. They are used so often.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top