Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Re: Aims of BLM

I think it safe to say that the BLM movement has done more than anyone or anything to set back race relations in this country since the Empire Windrush docked six decades ago.

Britain is one of the most tolerant and welcoming countries in the world, and I hate to see the divisiveness now spreading through our society because of "Black Lives Matter" How on earth does their mantra encourage good race relations, when anyone who voices a different opinion is classed as a racist bigot.

As for "taking the knee", it is a sorry state of affairs when any group has to kneel before any other group, we are either all equal or we are not, so trying to force us to prostrate ourselves before them will do nothing for their cause other than divide us even more.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 06:34 PM

I think the term " Black lives matter" is racist.
All lives matter & that is why we all get equal care from the NHS, no matter what colour we are!
Surely these demonstrations are aggravating the situation & creating further racist problems, from both black & white!

Or is that what they are trying to do?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Now and according to what qualifications Australia needs
This has not always been the policy
There was tremendous resistance to the Chinese when they came over to work in the sugar cane industry and for a long time well into the sixties there was a distinct policy of white immigration .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

I am not being argumentative just saying that it hasn’t always been all roses in immigration in Australia .
I don’t think that everyone is the same as you Keezoy .
Well that can only be a good thing Muddy I would never dream of accusing you of being argumentative. Without argument we're dead. There's ugly sh*t in our history. I think we've established that. So it is in every other country's history We all know that. THe point I keep making is that now is now. We cannot forget history or deny it but if we (Australia) keep beating ourselves up about it we will always be drowning in a sea of guilt and doom. I'm 68 and I still want to look to the future with optimism. Try to correct past wrongs and make sure they never happen again. That;s my lot. That's my opinion. I respect yours and I'm keeping my own. : Yes everybody is still welcome. And yes Twink you can try to send your unwanted people here. You did it 232 years ago and what the! They managed to turn it into a place that everybody wants to get in to. ( I'm bragging again..right pain I am innit! ..so sue me) But I'm not sure if it would work this time. Happy trails all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think it safe to say that the BLM movement has done more than anyone or anything to set back race relations in this country since the Empire Windrush docked six decades ago.

Britain is one of the most tolerant and welcoming countries in the world, and I hate to see the divisiveness now spreading through our society because of "Black Lives Matter" How on earth does their mantra encourage good race relations, when anyone who voices a different opinion is classed as a racist bigot.

As for "taking the knee", it is a sorry state of affairs when any group has to kneel before any other group, we are either all equal or we are not, so trying to force us to prostrate ourselves before them will do nothing for their cause other than divide us even more.
A breath of fresh air and common sense Barry.............
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 01:21 PM

worded much better than I could have worded it but my thoughts too
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 01:24 PM

Well said Barry
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 03:11 PM

Excellent post Barry
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 09:00 PM

^^^^^

This exactly.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 07:15 PM

All the Police officers than took the knee should have been sacked on the spot - they're meant to be impartial, but get more pathetic by the day.
I agree with your post btw..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:16 PM

At the risk of being the umpteenth person to quote and agree with this, well... I agree with this completely!

Well said, that man!

I just wonder whether that is actually the real reason the people behind these 'useful idiots' started this BLM movement in the first place.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top