Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 08:45 PM

The Cake That Melts In Your Mouth.

HI everyone, I made this! I found the recipe online yesterday and had just bought some strawberries, so ]thought I would give this cake a go as it looked so nice.

Pleased to say it came out really well and I will be making this one again. We had it for pud tonight with a dollop of whipped cream. Yum!

I didn’t put the sound on as it’s in a foreign language. If you like sound though just take the mute off on icon at bottom of the screen. The recipe is shown as the video plays.

I hope you enjoy it if you ever try it. I am trying to think of the same cake with other lovely soft fruits - raspberries, blackberries, peaches…

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 09:44 PM

Re: The Cake That Melts In Your Mouth.

Oooh - that looks absolutely scrumptious! Will definitely try it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 09:31 AM

I replied to this last night but my iPad wouldn’t let me press on ‘post quick reply’.

What I said was ‘that was making my mouth water, watching the preparation. Did you use SR flour?’

I do like the sound of a whisk on a metal bowl! Something I don’t have but might think of. Don’t have a whisk either, as my hands couldn’t cope with it. (Have an electric hand one though, but considering getting a food processor)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 09:40 AM

It’s looks yummy
I will definitely try it !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:18 AM

Looks good SG
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzi;1921630]I replied to this last night but my iPad wouldn’t let me press on ‘post quick reply’.

What I said was ‘that was making my mouth water, watching the preparation. Did you use SR flour?’

I do like the sound of a whisk on a metal bowl! Something I don’t have but might think of. Don’t have a whisk either, as my hands couldn’t cope with it. (Have an electric hand one though, but considering getting a food processor)[/QUOTEfu

Jazzi, sorry for the delay in responding to your query about flour.. I used Plain flour and baking powder.. I have actually found another clip in English, so hopefully more useful. Also, this second clip is slightly different from the first as he is using sour cream, I used plain greek yoghurt but either is fine. Hope you enjoy making it. I found it dead easy, and if I found it easy, it IS easy. lol.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:46 AM

Oh that looks really delicious! Thanks for sharing, I am definitely going to have to try this!
Will also use Greek yoghurt as I don't have any sour cream and I might add a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste to the batter.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 01:57 PM

I’m not in a rush to make it just yet! Not started any baking in the new gaff.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 02:46 PM

No no no I cant as I'd eat it all . I've no one to bake for . But it looks delicious
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:52 PM

It certainly looks yummy SG.
Might have a go .lol,lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top