Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Re: Since when have mattresses become so heavy?

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Funnily, it wasn't too dissimilar to what I said to the girl, 'this is likely to be the last one I buy before I snuff it so I'm not going to be buying another' ....
great minds as they say Pesta, I hope you have chosen the right one after all that ...
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 03:26 PM

oh I do know and so agree with the weight 'just got new one 3 wks ago its like a boulder of weight -made me wonder if there was a body in it … I have to get help to shift all mine if u just turn it -get the handle strap and walk round with it 'but lifting is another quest lol....what they making them with now ?/?
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

03-09-2018, 03:27 PM

This brings back memories from years ago when we ordered a new Kingsize mattress. Lorry turns up with a lady delivery driver who looked all of a size 10. I had a back back but between us we lugged it upstairs some how and she was furious telling me how she'd had enough and phoned her company informing them she was resigning as she'd had enough.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
This brings back memories from years ago when we ordered a new Kingsize mattress. Lorry turns up with a lady delivery driver who looked all of a size 10. I had a back back but between us we lugged it upstairs some how and she was furious telling me how she'd had enough and phoned her company informing them she was resigning as she'd had enough.
@ Panda
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
great minds as they say Pesta, I hope you have chosen the right one after all that ...
Me too Meg. If it's not, I'll have to go out and sell me body .

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Ah the poor lass. Mine's kingsize and I live in a bungalow. The thought a small lass on her own trying to get it up a stairscase.. She should sue 'em under H & S.

Well done Panda for helping, even though it shouldn't be like that should it?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 04:27 PM

There are 3 women I know who get me to lift the mattress and get the last corner of a fitted sheet on the mattress for them. It doesn't make it easy that the mattresses are all so thick these days, and that the bed frame often has a raised wooden rim. They're a real nuisance for some people.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 05:08 PM

And here was me...a petite five footer stoically battling silently wiv me mattress, turning it every month...not to mention the fitted sheet thingy. What was I thinking..I should have yelled out sooner so I could try out some more contortionist suggestions of flipping the darn thing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Me too Meg. If it's not, I'll have to go out and sell me body .
No need for that Pesta.....We''l have a whip round on the forum....
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 05:52 PM

You need to construct some sort of hoist system to you ceiling
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
There are 3 women I know who get me to lift the mattress and get the last corner of a fitted sheet on the mattress for them. It doesn't make it easy that the mattresses are all so thick these days, and that the bed frame often has a raised wooden rim. They're a real nuisance for some people.
Fancy a 4th Tachyon - especially if you can do flip overs

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top