Join for free
Page 195 of 370 « First < 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Back again after an unseemly absence - I've been reading your posts though. I'm quite chuffed I managed to get my creaky knees to the point of actually getting onto a rowing machine last week! It's great for gently stretching my thigh muscle, which has been really tight for at least a year now. I hope to do more this week, although I couldn't get on it today because it was so busy in the "little gym" and we only have the one.

My gym session there is now a regular 2 hours of non-stop workout, and I have the stomach crunch machine to the point I can do 150 crunches on it now. All told I probably do around 600 per session now, whereas I used to do 50 when I started the gym 6 months ago. It's very good for my stamina, which is what i needed to improve. Back there tomorrow all being well.
Those stomach crunches are insane Tachyon...600 per session is incredible mate You must have abs like cobblestones!
Good call on the rowing machine for the leg work too. Obviously, it's predominantly a cardio-vascular exercise but is a great all-rounder too for stamina. The knees will benefit too as most of the work is done with the arms and back muscles.

Good work bud
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:50 PM

After just four hours sleep I awoke this morning feeling very jaded and tried to go back to sleep. Instead I had a big chicken wrap, a coffee and went on here and did my grumpy old man bit instead. No matter, I still made the gym though my proposed combined legs with ‘other stuff’ didn’t happen – by the time I’d trained my legs (in a relatively successful fashion) I’d had enough. I’ll catch up tomorrow with some, er, ‘other stuff’.

Tuesday 4/9/18: Legs.
(All weights in kgs)

Incline press:
Light: 20x150, 20x150
Mid: 15x200, 15x200, 15x200
Heavy: 10x250, 10x250, 10x250
Ultra: 6x300, 6x300, 6x300
*Despite my fatigue I carried these sets out very satisfactorily, upping the weights and not dropping the stack between sets. Quads and hams feeling really pumped up and like jelly afterwards.

Seated ham curls:
10x40, 10x50, 10x60, 10x70

Extensions:
50x30, 50x30
*Not discarding the extensions entirely because my knees do benefit from some light exercise on this machine, I stuck at high reps on a very low weight.

Sled press:
25x150, 25x150

Ab crunch:
50x30, 50x30

40 mins.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Reading...and running...just busy getting ready for the little hurricane.

More later. Hoping to get in a few miles between the rain bands.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Very pleased today. Three hours in the gym, lots of reps and a new record of 700 stomach crunches. No sign of cobblestones yet Floydy, but I live in hope, lol. Upped the leg work slightly as I don't want to overdo things and make the knees as painful as they were before!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-09-2018, 03:47 PM

Ran out of time again today as Mrs. Floydy wanted stuff digging out for a car boot sale she’s doing tomorrow, so I was clock watching all the time. The very basics only:

Wednesday 5/9/18: Push (of sorts).
(All weights in kgs)

DB bench press:
6x30’s
*Somehow I’ve picked up some niggles in both my elbows which causes some pain when I’m pressing. I only summise that it was the sudden heavy weights session I was doing last week that caused it. So with this exercise ceasing to be, and obviously no shoulder pressing my session wasn’t really going anyplace spectacular. Did a few more bits and bobs and buggered off.

Smith press, 60°:
6x40, 6x40, 6x40
*This was easier because of the angle at which I was pushing, but still not a very pristine effort.

Decline bench, -15°:
10x50, 10x60, 10x70

Bench press, c/g:
20x40, 20x40

Fly delt dec:
15x95, 15x95, 15x95, 15x95
*Much better but then the elbows weren’t affected too much as the delts and biceps were doing all the work.

30 mins.

Next session is undecided as yet.

Thanks for reading.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-09-2018, 03:49 PM

Very pleased today. Three hours in the gym, lots of reps and a new record of 700 stomach crunches. No sign of cobblestones yet Floydy, but I live in hope, lol. Upped the leg work slightly as I don't want to overdo things and make the knees as painful as they were before!
Three hours! I haven't done that sort of session since I was full-on bodybuilding. You're certainly making a day of it, Tachyon - I'll have to watch out

700 stomach crunched is abnormal too. Great work
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:11 PM

Heavens! Three hours in the gym

Don't know what I'm doing here!

Just popped to say hi, back to my 3½ mile group walk last week and today.
I've also managed to walk the equivalent distance when i go walking on my own, which I did on three consecutive days last week, so that made about 12 miles all told.

Haven't managed to get back to swim regularly again yet, public pools are full of kids in the summer...but I will!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:38 PM

There has been quite a flurry of excellent activity here in the last few days. When I read your accounts, like OGF turning a 6 miler into 8, Floydy going heavy, Ruthio's respectable distances as an alternative to a pool of kids, and Tachyon's three hours and record crunches, something always interesting comes to mind.

While we aren't quite at the acme of performance of our younger days, I think we outshine the younger kids in determination. Even though we have more factors preventing us fro exercise, it is a commendable thing to stay at it over the half century mark. I would bet that your functional ages aren't anywhere near the chronological for those who are devoted to a a few hours every week

Having gone 48 hours without running, I can no longer include myself among the intrepid . We had almost 46 hours of tropical force winds, which made it difficult standing upright to walk the dogs in the middle of it, and downright impossible to run. It sure made for some excitement with waves crashing so powerfully that the building shook, and with power coming and going. Cooking dinner by candlelight and stories told by friends of other hurricanes made for great enjoyment.

Today the sun is out, the gulf is flat, and the birds are on the beach pecking about for mussels. Aside from the brutal humidity, there might just be a few interesting things to see on the beach trail. Five or six miles should be enough distance to do a proper damage assessment. I just hope the damages isn't mine .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 07:51 PM

Bit disappointed today, only a 2 hour session in the gym. I was all fired up and just as I arrived there some texts started arriving about a family complication that didn't really concern me. To be honest I couldn't be bothered about it at all really, but it knocked the fun out of my workout. Better luck next time I suppose.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Bit disappointed today, only a 2 hour session in the gym. I was all fired up and just as I arrived there some texts started arriving about a family complication that didn't really concern me. To be honest I couldn't be bothered about it at all really, but it knocked the fun out of my workout. Better luck next time I suppose.
Only tweo hours Tachyon?! That's a marathon anyway, bud. Good work.
I am sorry to hear of your family upset though. In these situations it may be playing on your mind on it's hard to concentrate on training, I know. Hope that gets sorted out mate

Page 195 of 370 « First < 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top