Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Re: How Loud Do You Sing Hymns At A Wedding Or A Funeral?

Longdogs, that was sooooo funny. Universal too. We are all guilty of faking it at some point, are we not?

I was in choir when I was younger and can harmonize and read music, but I am far from having a trained voice. That's why I appreciate people like Art and Ruthio who sing just enough above to make it easier for us heathens to make a good show of it.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 04:59 PM

My other half and I had a soloist at our wedding that sang before the service and during the signing of the documents at the end. Cannot recall whether or not the congregation sang along with him...but I seriously doubt that they did.

I have however, sang at many funerals...and must admit to singing very quietly...even though I love hymns...I cannot keep a tune, for the life of me...no pun intended.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 05:21 PM

I don't!! I have a terrible singing voice. I usually just mime.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:01 AM

A few have posted on this thread that they don’t sing hymns because they don’t have a religion and don’t believe in God. That’s fine, that’s your choice.
I just wondered, are Christmas Carols classed as religious and do you sing those?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:12 AM

Oh goodness. I certainly have sang at funerals. For some reason I’d forgotten and actually at one funeral there were a lot of hymns to sing.
Christmas carols are one of the funnest things to sing but I’m not sure they all have to do with God. Either way I do believe in God and sing them all.
Silent Night
O’holy night are amongst my favourite and definitely have a religious theme to them
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A few have posted on this thread that they don’t sing hymns because they don’t have a religion and don’t believe in God. That’s fine, that’s your choice.
I just wondered, are Christmas Carols classed as religious and do you sing those?
I sang nursery rhymes and carols with my kids when they were little, but not in the decades since then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Longdogs, that was sooooo funny. Universal too. We are all guilty of faking it at some point, are we not?

I was in choir when I was younger and can harmonize and read music, but I am far from having a trained voice. That's why I appreciate people like Art and Ruthio who sing just enough above to make it easier for us heathens to make a good show of it.
The worst thing about that clip is that I had to attend a Christening a few days after I first saw it. Why is it we just want to burst out laughing when we know we can't?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top