Join for free
Page 16 of 19 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:35 AM

Re: Casual racism

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It makes me laugh that some of you object to be called Europeans.

You are, you live in Europe. Get over it.
Whether we like it or not, we are Europeans and still will be when we leave the EU.
I have no problem being European & have met ,many nice people whilst travelling over much of Europe. Why blame Europe for what the controllers are trying to do with the EU....that is just power hungry politicians?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:39 AM

It makes me laugh that some of you object to be called Europeans.

You are, you live in Europe. Get over it.
Out of it is better than over it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, yes. I suppose we are.

Just as you are South-East Asians!

It would seem that your knowledge of geography is, at best p*ss poor and at worst, non existent. Australia, notwistanding it is an island, is big enough in its own right to be, along with the myriad islands surrounding it to be a CONTINENT.
Thus inhabitants of such continent are Australasians.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Australia, notwistanding it is an island, is big enough in its own right to be, along with the myriad islands surrounding it to be a CONTINENT.
Indeed, it would seem to be better to be INCONTINENT than OUTCONTINENT
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Indeed, it would seem to be better to be INCONTINENT than OUTCONTINENT
If you're incontinent, then I suggest you wear the appropriate underwear to deal with it!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:01 PM

It would seem that your knowledge of geography is, at best p*ss poor and at worst, non existent. Australia, notwistanding it is an island, is big enough in its own right to be, along with the myriad islands surrounding it to be a CONTINENT.
Oh, I though the trendy new word was 'Oceanians'.

Of course, 'continents' are man-made. How does Asia suddenly become Europe? Well yes, there is a convenient mountain range that we can use, but is that not just a nominal boundary?

Perhaps we could have some alternative continents? Laurentia, West Pangea, etc?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 01:47 AM

Well, yes. I suppose we are.

Just as you are South-East Asians!
Fine by me.

As the great Australian poet and playwright, Bill "Kanga" Shakespeare, once said, "A barbie by any other name would smell as grouse"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 01:59 AM

Joe, me old pal, me old beauty

Close but no biscuit.

Australia is part of Oceania. (Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia)

Australia is NOT an Island as the country is made up of many islands eg Tasmania, Norfolk, Tiwi, Christmas, Melville and hundreds of others.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

16-09-2018, 02:25 AM

Oh, I though the trendy new word was 'Oceanians'.

Of course, 'continents' are man-made. How does Asia suddenly become Europe? Well yes, there is a convenient mountain range that we can use, but is that not just a nominal boundary?
That's not entirely right, continents are largely defined by the tectonic plate on which they ride surely?

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 10:07 AM

That's not entirely right, continents are largely defined by the tectonic plate on which they ride surely?

I agree. Tectonic plates are a logical geological definition of continents.

So where's the plate boundary between Europe and Asia?

As I said, 'continents' are defined by man.

Page 16 of 19 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top