Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Re: Casual racism

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You are calling me an idiot?

Please look at Bruce's image in post #159.

Could you point me towards the tectonic plate boundary (er, those are the black lines!) that runs along the Ural mountain chain?

Oh yes, there isn't one, is there?

Joe you do seem to enjoy making a fool of yourself.
Ok, have it your way and be prat all your life!!! The Ural mountains are the tectonic plate boundary!!! as evidenced by the fact that some of the peaks, are extinct volcanoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Elbrus
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ok, have it your way and be prat all your life!!! The Ural mountains are the tectonic plate boundary!!! as evidenced by the fact that some of the peaks, are extinct volcanoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Elbrus
Fair enough. Show me a map of tectonic plates which includes your hypothetical boundary.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Fair enough. Show me a map of tectonic plates which includes your hypothetical boundary.

I've proved my point, now go do your own research!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I've proved my point, now go do your own research!!!
That's the point; you've proved nothing!

I have done my own research. Whenever you fail to prove any point you make, your stock response is "do your own research". You are a joke, Joe!

Here, take your pick:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...w=1097&bih=556

Now, admit you're wrong!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:16 PM

Nothing wrong with being English or being proud of it.

I prefer to be regarded as Scottish rather than British. But it does state British along with European on my passport.

Talking of, I don't know why I still have a passport as I never go anywhere. Last time I went anywhere was a day trip to Carlisle 3 years ago. Beautiful countryside, that side of the Scottish borders running down to Lockerbie.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:31 PM

You think she's a nut job. But what about the top police officer who has had a complaint of racism against him for using the old phrase "whiter than white"?

What is the world coming to. These fanatics must be resisted and "larrrfted out of town".
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Nothing wrong with being English or being proud of it.

I prefer to be regarded as Scottish rather than British. But it does state British along with European on my passport.

Talking of, I don't know why I still have a passport as I never go anywhere. Last time I went anywhere was a day trip to Carlisle 3 years ago. Beautiful countryside, that side of the Scottish borders running down to Lockerbie.
I always refer to myself as British.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Wrong. We're not Europeans ..bar politically if we'd gone the whole hog with Europe.
We don't even share their currency.
We're an island.
Britain is still part of Europe - it is nothing to do with politics or currency just geography. Malta is an island so is Sicily are they not part of Europe?

You are just as European as the Swiss, Norwegians or the Andorrans. Absurd to think otherwise.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:23 PM

So if we're European ... how come you have a British Head of State?
You do talk a load of dross, like only Aussies seem prone to do.

You're forever mixing up your political boundaries with your geographical boundaries. Don't they sell many atlases in Oz?
Clearly once spotting a small island there is an overriding compulsion to pin it somewhere .. like pinning the tail on the donkey.

Out of curiosity ...
London is the capital of England, Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland (a country in it's own right) ..
Canberra is the capital of Oz.

Where is the capital city of Europe?
I'm dying to know where my capital is, if it isn't London.

You'll tell me next that Japan (another island) is really part of Korea or China.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:29 PM

Strange, I just finished reading the wiki on Canberra - it sounds a nice place.

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top