Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:31 AM

Who is the Most Interesting Person You Know?

Not in your family, but someone you know personally.

Someone you'd love to have over for dinner.

Good conversationalist, an interesting life, profession, unusual skills, etc.

My vote:

1. A doctor who worked with Doctors Without Borders in Africa and South America. Skis, writes, plays the guitar.

2. A native Hawai'ian (speaks the language) who has a doctoral degree in astronomy. Very quick witted, easy to laugh.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:49 AM

Re: Who is the Most Interesting Person You Know?

I don't entertain anymore it means cooking and conversation I seem to have lost the art of both.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:57 AM

I agree Muddy, it's better not to entertain anyone who is going to offer any more information.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:08 AM

As per the Catalogue Thread, I would make an exception for the person who thought up the "38 Week" payment term, that has been a source of puzzlement for years.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:25 AM

I can't think of anyone off hand.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:30 AM

A man called Stuart, actually we had lunch with him and his wife yesterday...retired now but has a rags to riches story to tell and a very interesting life...a truly nice man too.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:26 AM

We had a chap who through circumstances took to drink and caused havoc every weekend. When sober enough to be coherant he was the most interesting person you could wish to meet. A well travelled, educated man with a wonderful turn of phrase for any given situation which left you helpless with laughter many, many times.

I would have welcomed him at my table anytime if only he had been sober long enough to realise that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:07 AM

For me, it is a man but he became a woman.
She was once head boy at a local grammar school. She is highly intelligent and very funny.
She is one of those that can talk about anything and everything, she is never boring.
She enthrals me and l could listen to her for hours and hours!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:45 PM

My Daughter. She makes me laugh, we have the same sense of humour.

No one else, though I have met a lot of people over the years. I wouldn't say any were special in that way.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:33 PM

Although it says "not family" I don't find many people I meet interesting, especially academics.
My choice would be my great grandson who is charming, witty and very bright. He sees things with new eyes, being nearly 3 years old. Nothing is complicated to him, he just knows "stuff"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top