Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Blackpool

Going to Blackpool for a couple of nights in October . Has anyone got any recommendations of things to do . Got a hotel sorted out so that's ok
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 07:39 PM

Re: Blackpool

check out the events list, perhaps you'll find something you'd enjoy
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 07:45 PM

Went to Blackpool many times in the 70`s. Always for the last night of the lights. A group of us all lads hired a bus for the trip,it was just an excuse for a booze up, so it wasn't until many years later when i went with the wife i saw any of the sights.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Take a tram along the sea front and look at the Illuminations.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 08:08 PM

a visit to Lytham and St Anne's is a must for me when I'm in that area
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 08:31 PM

I really must put Blackpool on my bucket list for the illuminations!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

15-09-2014, 08:54 PM

I'm going on my very first caravan mini break in a couple of weeks just outside of Blackpool, the camp has plenty going on but we'll be going shopping in Lytham and St Anne's and visiting the lights but not in the car, apparently the traffic is bumper to bumper and hardly moving as usual so we'll park in the backstreet and walk instead.

Cleveleys is nice for shopping though I doubt I'll get there too, I'll probably be busy getting ready for the Miss Great Britain competition
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:05 PM

I go to Blackpool 3 or 4 times a year on dancing breaks ... love it !!!

Blackpool promenade has been "done up" and is really nice ... Lytham/Lytham St Annes are good (that's the posh part of the coast ) .... Cleveleys promenade has been "done up" and is lovely .... it's a nice walk (but long depending on where you're staying in Blackpool -but only takes about half an hour from Bispham end).

Fleetwood is worth a visit ... and the ferry over to Knott End (takes about 5 minutes ) is a novel experience ... Knott End is a charming place.

Of course a couple of days isn't enough time to do everything but you could certainly see all of the above ... and you can do it by bus or tram but you will have to pay of course

Morecambe and the Lake Districgt are not too far away but you would need to be staying longer .... maybe next time

Enjoy ... and don't buy a "Kiss me Quick" hat
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

15-09-2014, 09:28 PM

My mum lived in Blackpool, Cleveleys and lastly, Fleetwood so I know the areas well, our caravan park is on the edge of the River Wyre and has lovely walks so my feet will be kept busy!
Rest assured I wont go near any kiss me quick hats preferring a kiss me slowly version which I'll have to search for further afield

The best news is, I can take the cat with me, she'll have her own bedroom and everything
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:45 PM

@Honey ..... saucy wench !!!

Abbey .... another two-penneth from me .... you can buy an all day ticket for about £4.50 which covers the trams and the buses to travel to Fleetwood/Cleveley/Blackpool... trams don't go to St Annes/Lytham so get the tram to Starr Gate... walk ahead a short distance and cross the road to get the bus to those places ... the buses are very frequent as more than one goes there and it is only about 15 minutes or so.

That's so much easier than going into Blackpool town centre and trying to find the bus !!!

You will be able to use your ticket on the tram in the evening to see the lights if you want .... Bispham end is the best as they have some great displays along there. Problem is .... the windows get steamed up !!!

The trams are virtually brand new nowadays but when the lights are on they bring out the old ones in the evening which are all lit up and look fantastic

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top