Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:59 AM

Re: Blackpool

After dark - After you've seen the lights of course - It shouldn't be hard finding a night spot in Blackpool if you want evening entertainment - or you could see what's on at one of the theatres & pre book your tickets now.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:03 AM

Thanks for all your replies . They are really useful and I will be following all your advice . I am staying at The North Ocean Hotel so don't know if that's at the good end for the lights or not . Because we are only going for two nights we want to be as organised as possible so as not to waste time .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 09:59 AM

Abbey ... it looks as if your hotel is in the ideal place
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 10:07 AM

Abbey the lights go on for miles so you will get to see them where ever you are.

When we go and stay in Lytham St Annes we usually get the tram from Star Gate which is the start of the tram and go on it right through to Fleetwood. Whilst there we also go to the Freeport Shopping Outlet

We also leave the car parked up and as Myrtle says you can get a day rider for £4.50 and you can get on and off the buses and trams as many times in the day as you want.

My husband lived in Blackpool and Cleveleys for most of his life so we love going to this part of the country.
down to earth
west yorkshire
down to earth is male  down to earth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Going to Blackpool for a couple of nights in October . Has anyone got any recommendations of things to do . Got a hotel sorted out so that's ok
I stayed there in June 2014 its a dump dont go ok they are spending money on the front but 95% of the town is tatty and ruff.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 11:52 PM

Unfortunately many seaside resorts have run-down areas "behind the scenes" but most holiday makers have no need to venture into these areas.

Anyway .... I Blackpool and I'm sure Abbey will enjoy her stay.
down to earth
west yorkshire
down to earth is male  down to earth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Unfortunately many seaside resorts have run-down areas "behind the scenes" but most holiday makers have no need to venture into these areas.

Anyway .... I Blackpool and I'm sure Abbey will enjoy her stay.
Well your standards cant be very high.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 10:38 AM

I also love Blackpool and go there quiet often.

They have spent a lot of money making the sea front into a good state for people to walk along. And now with the steps leading down onto the beach which span all along the coast they have made it a place for people to sit without getting sand everywhere.

We visited most of the attractions there and with the amount of people who where also waiting there were no problems everyone was patient.

Yes I agree there are some rough places but you can find those anywhere you go.

We never had or saw any trouble whilst we where there which says a lot for the place.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Going to Blackpool for a couple of nights in October . Has anyone got any recommendations of things to do . Got a hotel sorted out so that's ok

Yes get out quick. Just joking never been there
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yes get out quick. Just joking never been there

Not too sure why you would make a joke like that when I have already got it booked up and was looking forward to it

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top