Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 05:10 PM

Re: Dartford Crossing

Remember that call would be made from a foreign mobile, and the charges would be disproportionate as roaming charges would apply.

Last time I was in London and attempted to make a phone call to pay a parking charge, it didnt work...

Complete the following sentence: Whoever thought up this idea is a ??????
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Oh you can use your cash card can you ?
Well that has solved it , Ta muchly x
Sorry APRICOT but no you can't, at least not at the crossing.

There is various ways to pay but to be honest you are in the same position I thought I would be in when returning from Europe but luckily I sneaked through in the last week when payment at the crossing was still possible.

You can pay in advance I think also at various shops in the nearby motorway service areas, you can pay up to 24 hours AFTER you've been through but in your case you'll need to do that from abroad which may not suit you.

You can get a DART tag and load it up with credits but this is more for the regular users.

I think you'll need to go on the web site and find the most appropriate method of pre-payment before you travel.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Looks as though they cant without paying a fine...
If your visiters are not going to use the crossing again for a very long time then my guess is that they won't have to pay. I can't be certain on that but I don't think the EU countries are going to co-operate with the Dartford Crossing people and go chasing motorists.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
If your visiters are not going to use the crossing again for a very long time then my guess is that they won't have to pay. I can't be certain on that but I don't think the EU countries are going to co-operate with the Dartford Crossing people and go chasing motorists.
I hope thats the case. I'm not sure that it is easily possible to enter the UK at Dover, and travel northwards without using the Dartford Crossing.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I'm probably being thick here, but do you mean because you don't have any cards
If that's the case, you could put some money on the likes of a Caxton card, which you can buy and use like a debit card.
Sorry if I'm talking rubbish
I like people talking rubbish!

Nowt wrong with honest-to-goodness rubbish tha' knows!

Crackin' Toast Grommit!! stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 06:54 PM

I hope thats the case. I'm not sure that it is easily possible to enter the UK at Dover, and travel northwards without using the Dartford Crossing.
There's always Blackwall Tunnel...

Drivers can pick up the M11 easy enough.
Fender Bender
By the pc

09-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Thanks Jazzi. Must look where that is...
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

TRUE< TRUE<TRUE. I will have to speak to Himself.
Thanks
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Here in Ireland they photograph the car registration as it goes through the toll point and when I still had a UK registration they managed to track me down and send me a bill.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 06:30 PM

Remember that call would be made from a foreign mobile, and the charges would be disproportionate as roaming charges would apply.

Last time I was in London and attempted to make a phone call to pay a parking charge, it didnt work...

Complete the following sentence: Whoever thought up this idea is a ??????
You never said a bloomin" truer word, Fender, but as I am a LAYDEE , I won"t say nowt .LOL

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top