Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 12:55 PM

Re: Holidays.

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
We stayed in the Westlodge Hotel. Highlights were visit to Blarney Castle, and also just following the Bantry heritage trail. A lovely relaxing few days.
Glad you enjoyed it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->

We stayed in the Westlodge Hotel. Lovely hotel, but with major plumbing problems.

Highlights were visit to Blarney Castle, and also just following the Bantry heritage trail. A lovely relaxing few days.

Oh, and we had a lovely panini in The Box of Frogs cafe.
Love the Box of Frogs, one of my regular haunts! The Westlodge has changed hands recently and needed a serious makeover. Sounds as thought the plumbing hasn't had one yet!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 03:17 PM

Not having proper holidays this year as were hoping to move. But hubby's put a countdown on the kitchen chalkboard for next years Isle of Man's, Manx Grand Prix in August were we would have normally gone...

But we've just had a week at home generally clearing out and listening and watching highlights of the TT races this last week
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 03:34 PM

We aren't going abroad this year due to my husband's health problems so we'll be having a caravan holiday in Devon.

Hopefully, if he continues to get stronger, we are planning on going back to Croatia again next year. It's our favourite holiday location, we have holidayed twice in the north of the country and twice in the south
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 05:06 PM

I always seem to be packing a bag these days. I'm making the most of life when I can. We go to our timeshare lodge in the Highlands at Easter for a week. We're just back from Barcelona today. We're off to our timeshare on the Costa del Sol for two weeks in July. Then the Highlands with our walking group for a weekend in September. Then our timeshare in Spain again in October for a week, then New York with our friends in November. In between it's overnight breaks from Groupon . Although I have to say, I love my time at home too.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 07:58 PM

We're much more spontaneous and tend to go with little or no advance planning. In two weeks Dianne and our elder daughter are off to Porto to sample the wine and port and we're thinking of Lisbon in September for our aniversary /my birthday. We'll see what happens. Next year is a long way away and I'll think about it when it comes.
Closer to home we're off to the Dee valley next weekend for a spot of hill walking and over-eating !!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top