Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jack Dawkins
London
Jack Dawkins is male  Jack Dawkins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 03:19 PM

Does anyone else have an Amazon Echo?

I've had my Alexa for about 18 months now. I don't use it to operate lights, switch on heating etc. but mainly for entertainment,to ask any general knowledge questions and play music from Amazon Music or any radio station.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 03:30 PM

Re: Does anyone else have an Amazon Echo?

I haven't heard about the Alexa Jack, it sounds amazing. I will have to google it and read about it.

Thanks Jack and welcome to the forum....
Jack Dawkins
London
Jack Dawkins is male  Jack Dawkins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I haven't heard about the Alexa Jack, it sounds amazing. I will have to google it and read about it.

Thanks Jack and welcome to the forum....
Thank you. The USA version, which I presume you'll have too is even more advanced than the UK one. It's great fun.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 03:52 PM

I had an Echo and a Google Home - I got rid of both of them as my phone does the same and I have proper speakers I can bluetooth to.
Jack Dawkins
London

24-08-2018, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I had an Echo and a Google Home - I got rid of both of them as my phone does the same and I have proper speakers I can bluetooth to.
I don't know of any phone which does what an Amazon Echo does without pressing buttons.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:59 AM

I have an Amazon Echo in the lounge for listening to the radio or Amazon Prime music, setting timers, newsbriefs, etc. At a predetermined time it will switch on the lounge lights but can also be turned on and off by voice command. A voice command late at night will turn the lounge lights off and turn my bedroom table lamp on. An Echo Dot in the bedroom also acts as my alarm clock and radio as well as turning the lamp off when I tell it to. I have another Dot in my study to listen to music and for the usual timer function. Put my tea on the hob to warm up, set the timer and back to the computer.

I love gadgets.
Jack Dawkins
London

24-08-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have an Amazon Echo in the lounge for listening to the radio or Amazon Prime music, setting timers, newsbriefs, etc. At a predetermined time it will switch on the lounge lights but can also be turned on and off by voice command. A voice command late at night will turn the lounge lights off and turn my bedroom table lamp on. An Echo Dot in the bedroom also acts as my alarm clock and radio as well as turning the lamp off when I tell it to. I have another Dot in my study to listen to music and for the usual timer function. Put my tea on the hob to warm up, set the timer and back to the computer.

I love gadgets.
One day we'll wonder how we ever managed without them just as we do now with t.v remote controls. Now we can't envisage getting up off the chair to turn the volume down or switch channels.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Dawkins ->
I don't know of any phone which does what an Amazon Echo does without pressing buttons.
Just say "hey siri" or "OK Google". No need to use buttons on any of my phones even when they're locked.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jack Dawkins ->
I've had my Alexa for about 18 months now. I don't use it to operate lights, switch on heating etc. but mainly for entertainment,to ask any general knowledge questions and play music from Amazon Music or any radio station.
I'd rather that Amazon doesn't know everything about me and my household, it's bad enough that my phone spies on me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 08:06 AM

My daughter has Alexa .....sometimes it laughs for no reason, that would freak me out. My grandson loves it and asks for the same song over and over

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top