Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:32 PM

hastings

decided to go down in one carrage

famous old fishing equipment storage sheds

rock formation believe it is sandstone

overlooking Hasting with "The Plank" pier in the distance, it was rebuilt and nothing put on it so it looks like one huge plank of wood

On the hill opposite sat Hastings castle, it didn't last long as a huge storm a few hundred years ago washed away the front part of it and eventually abandoned , so now just a shell

One of the many side streets with old buildings
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Re: hastings

love hastings Realspeed but I've never been in that contraption. Hope you had a lovely time there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
love hastings Realspeed but I've never been in that contraption. Hope you had a lovely time there.
It was so hot and full of tourists.Believe it or not we have been living in the area for 4 years and this is the first time stopping in Hastings.

I did have an alternative reason as well,I wanted to try out a particular camera lens don't usually use. So this time I only took this lens so I was forced to use it. Being what is called a prime lens (no zoom) . Completely new experience and made a right mess up of some photos which need correction in post processing
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Hastings is always heaving at this time of year.

Fab pics and you did a great job. It's funny to see something so familiar on here! I've had close ties with East Sussex since childhood. Love the area and the people. Aren't you based in Rye?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-09-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hastings is always heaving at this time of year.

Fab pics and you did a great job. It's funny to see something so familiar on here! I've had close ties with East Sussex since childhood. Love the area and the people. Aren't you based in Rye?
No not based in Rye ,or even in an oven to cook (little joke)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-09-2018, 10:46 PM

Ah you've posted another lovely pic! It's a very underrated spot. Nice than Brighton IMO. So much history there too, with Battle just up the road and so many great pubs for a lunch stop.

What did you think of the new pier? It's a bit "minimalist" I think.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-09-2018, 11:02 PM

Drove past "The Plank" it has nothing on it. it has changed hand a few times since rebuild as upkeep is too expensive. Think eventually The local Council have taken it on.
We we more interested in the fishing area with the fishing boats etc and the small stalls the fisherman had

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Hastings: The town which featured heavily in the book by Robert Noonan (aka Robert Tressell) "The Ragged Trouser'd Philanthropist".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top