Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Re: Bad chest conjestion.

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I can understand that Bakerman, my Father never got over the divorce. He remarried BUT his heart belonged to my Mother. He loved her till the day he died.

I meant a personal Panic alarm btw. To alert your neighbours.
I see that I'm not the only one to ever go through that. I really thought I was the only one that carried a torch for so long. Many guys have told me that I'm so stupid to pine away for a lost love after so many years.

Ah, I didn't understand about the alarm to alert the neighbors. I'm pretty handy with that sort of thing. I could Jerry rig up something.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I see that I'm not the only one to ever go through that. I really thought I was the only one that carried a torch for so long. Many guys have told me that I'm so stupid to pine away for a lost love after so many years.

Ah, I didn't understand about the alarm to alert the neighbors. I'm pretty handy with that sort of thing. I could Jerry rig up something.
No, you are NOT stupid. x
One of these my lovely.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:43 PM

SWEETIE PIE, thank you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:48 PM

SWEETIE PIE, thank you.
Just call me Sweetie, all that typing. x
It gives you a push of a button when you need help my lovely. It is loud!!! Not expensive either. xxxx
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No, you are NOT stupid. x
One of these my lovely.
That was kind of you Sweetie Pie.
bakerman
Mexico

09-09-2018, 01:34 AM

I am wondering if it is just an old Jewish wives tale. but does anyone think that a good rich home-made chicken stock is Jewish penicillin. What I'm most interested in is anything that would help loosen, even cure my lung congestion ? Any particular foods ?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:11 AM

I am wondering if it is just an old Jewish wives tale. but does anyone think that a good rich home-made chicken stock is Jewish penicillin. What I'm most interested in is anything that would help loosen, even cure my lung congestion ? Any particular foods ?
Yes!

1/2 tbsp. Turmeric + 1/2 cup Apple cider Vinegar. Gargle for as long as you can at least three times a day. It breaks down mucus in the airways , clears chest congestion and soothes a sore throat.
It’s has anti viral, anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties

Chicken broth / chicken soup IS like penicillin. It increases the rate of nasal fluids, improve the function of cilia , the tiny hair like protuberances that help move mucus and bacteria out of the nose, thus helping break down congestion.

Garlic kills congestion. It has allicin in it which has antibacterial , anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties that help clean congestion especially when paired with lemon or lime.

3 Lemons or limes
2 garlic cloves crushed
Black pepper to taste

Let ingredients steep in hot water and drink

Ginger is a natural inflammatory . Buy ginger Root fresh and grate it to add to lemon. It’s great for the stomach & congestion. Plus it has plenty of antioxidants in it which you really need right now.

At this point in time you need to eat anti inflammatory foods. This will shrink inflammation in your body which will greatly relieve the pain in your chest and help you breath.

If you are having panic attacks then avoid white foods especially sugar and white flour, milk, milk products for now. These foods cause inflammation so will instantly make you feel worse. They also will raise your blood sugar and increase your heart rate.

Avoid chocolate and coffee or regular tea since it has caffeine in it.
Herbal tea or decaf is best.

Having herbal tea with honey with help relieve your congestion. It helps smooth the throat, breaks down mucus, and hydrates nasal passages.

Horse radish strengthens your immune system , increases blood flow and helps reduce wastes like phlegm

Hot peppers
Capsicum found in hot peppers helps relieve congestion, helps break up mucus and gets it flowing and has enough vitamin c in it to boost white cell production which builds immunity.

Onions
They contain sulphur quercetin flavanol that helps break down mucus .

Stinging Nettle Tea
Is a natural antihistamine that reduces swelling in the sinus passages which helps with breathing.

Wasabi
It has allyisothiocyanate in it which helps clear sinuses and helps flush out bacteria. Add it to rice.

Plus there’s absolutely nothing wrong with still being in love with your ex wife. It’s no surprise to me. A lot of people love deeply and become forever affected by deep romantic relationships they’ve had. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
It just shows that you love deeply and that your relationship was very meaningful to you. Allow yourself to be ok with it. It’s ok to still be in love with someone and it’s not silly or stupid. Besides you should never tell yourself that you are stupid. It’s not a nice thing to say to yourself nor is it true so smarten up.

And lastly unplug and listen to your favourite music for an hour a day and get yourself a dog.

Take care
bakerman
Mexico

09-09-2018, 08:19 AM

WOW, Bratti. That's quite a list. I try to do as much as I can. Thank you.
Say, why can't chocolate milk shakes be filled with anti-oxidents ? Ha ha ha
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Great post Bratti

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top